- 150 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus extra for greasing
- 3 eggs
- 150 g icing sugar, plus 1 extra tablespoon for dusting
- 300 g rhubarb, (see Tip)
- 250 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 60 g Milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp raw sugar, for sprinkling
- whipped cream, to serve (optional)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
9Afternoon tea Brunch Snack Supper Alcohol-free Vegetarian Nut free Autumn Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Baking BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Cooking for 2 person Cooking for elderly people Cooking for large family Cooking for students Easy Low budget Natural Quick Cake Dessert
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line base and sides of a slice tin (20 x 30 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place butter into mixing bowl and melt 2 min/100°C/speed 2. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place eggs and 150 g of the icing sugar into mixing bowl and mix 2 min/speed 4. Meanwhile, cut rhubarb into pieces (2-3 cm). Transfer rhubarb into a separate bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon icing sugar and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Add reserved melted butter to mixing bowl and mix 3 sec/speed 4. Remove butterfly whisk.
- Add flour, baking powder, vanilla, milk and salt and mix 5 sec/speed 4. Transfer batter into prepared tin and smooth with spatula. Top evenly with reserved rhubarb, sprinkle with raw sugar and bake for 20-22 minutes (180°C), until lightly browned and a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool in tin for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust cake with extra icing sugar and serve warm with whipped cream (optional).
Accessories you need
You can replace the rhubarb with seasonal stone fruit or fresh berries in this recipe, however cooking times may vary.
To make this recipe gluten free, replace the flour and baking powder with gluten free varieties.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Marinara Sauce
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Zucchini Donuts
- Pate au Pistou
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce