- 240 g almonds, soaked overnight and drained
- 100 g Pitted Dried Dates, soaked overnight and drained
- 20 g sultanas, soaked overnight and drained
- 40 g almonds, unsoaked
- 2 tbsp psyllium husks
- 210 g water, to soak dates and sultanas
- 200 g Pitted Dried Dates, soaked overnight, liquid retained
- 20 g sultanas, soaked overnight, liquid retained
- 2 green apples, quartered and cored
- 2 Red Apples, quartered and cored, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp psyllium husks
- 260 g cashew nuts, raw or roasted
- 80 g honey
- 70 g water
Lightly grease a 30 x 20cm slice tin with vegetable oil and place in the refrigerator to chill.
Place all ingredients into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5-6. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat.
Place nut base into prepared slice tin and press until an even base is formed. Place in the refrigerator to chill. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place all ingredients, except the psyllium husk, into mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 7.
Add psyllium husk and mix 4 sec/speed 8.
Place the apple mix on top of the nut base and smooth over to cover evenly. Return slice to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place cashews into mixing bowl and mill 7 sec/speed 8. Set aside.
Place honey and water into mixing bowl and heat 30 sec/37°C/speed 4, or until honey is dissolved.
Add reserved milled cashews and mix 30 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat.
To serve, cut apple slice into squares and top with a dollop of cashew cream and a slice of red apple, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Cashew Cream Topping
All ingredients that are soaked need to be soaked overnight. For the base, soak 240g almonds, dates and sultanas overnight then drain and discard liquid. For the filling, soak dates and sultanas together in 210g of water and retain soaking liquid to use as an ingredient in the filling.Raw apple slice can be stored in the refrigerator and served chilled. Remove cashew cream from refrigerator 15 minutes prior to serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Ice Cream
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Variation Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Thermo Cazza's Rocky Road
- Berry Yogurt Sorbet
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Refined Sugar Free Muesli Bars
- Creamy Leche Flan
- Genovese pasta
- Cashew Milk (Mylk)
- Pizza dough thin and crispy
- Strawberry Yoghurt (with nesquik)
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Green Smoothie