- 50 g rolled oats, some oats are processed with wheat so beware if a problem; perhaps use flaked quinoa instead
- 1 heaped tablespoon sultanas
- 50 g Coconut Flour
- 85 g Rice malt syrup
- 1 heaped tablespoon cocoa
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 heaped tablespoon Shredded coconut
- 2 heaped tablespoon coconut crunch, if unavailable, please use dessicated coconut or cocoa
- 1 heaped tablespoon option biscuit, this is for added crunch but will reduce health/diet benefits
Crush any naughty additions in the Thermomix for a few seconds on Speed 4 and set aside.
2. Place rolled oats in TMX bowl and blitz on Speed 8 for 6 seconds until roughly shredded but not as fine as for oatmeal.
3. Add sultanas and blitz again for a few seconds on Speed 5.
4. Add coconut flour, rice malt syrup, peanut butter, cocoa and shredded coconut. Blend together well on Speed 4 for around 5 seconds. Mixture should look crumbly and when rolled together, has the consistency of PlayDoh. If the mixture doesn’t stick together well, add another 10g of rice malt syrup until desired consistency is achieved.
5. If adding the naughty ingredient, place in TMX and combine on Speed 4 for a couple of seconds.
6. Form 2.5cm wide balls and set aside. The balls should hold well. Once all the balls are made, roll in the coconut crunch, or dessicated coconut if preferred. You can roll the balls in cocoa also for a truffle-like treat.
7. Cover balls and place in fridge for an hour to set. I recommend storing them in the fridge but they are fine to leave out at room temperature.
Really Healthy Chocolate Balls
Please refer to my blog post for more details: //gastromony.com/healthy-chocolate-balls/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Top Deck Caramel Crunch
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Choc-caramilk Bavarian
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Chocolate Protein Brownie slice (g/f & dairy free)
- Ooey Gooey Decadent Brownie with Whittaker’s Bundaberg Ginger Caramel
- Snicker Bliss Balls
- S'more slice
- Puffed rice slice
- Chocolate icecream
- Chocolate Brownie