- 230 g castor sugar
- 6 egg whites
- pinch cream of tartar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 heaped teaspoons cornflour
- 3 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp castor sugar, extra
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 300 g cream, (pouring or whipping)
- Few mint leaves
- passionfruit pulp
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 2 Kiwi Fruit, sliced
Recipe is created for
9Afternoon tea Dinner Lunch Supper Biscuit/cookie Cake Custard/mousse Egg dish (soufflé, omelette) Gateau Ice cream Pastry Praline/sweets Roll Tart Creative Natural Birthday Buffet Children birthday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Australian Dessert Gluten free Vegetarian
Pre-heat oven to 160 C and line a Swiss Roll Baking Tray (26 x 38cm) with baking paper. Set aside.
Place sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10. Set aside.
Insert Butterfly, add egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla to mixing bowl.
Whip until very stiff and glossy for 6 min/37C/speed 3, beore gradually adding the sugar (see tips), cornflour and vinegar. Once all added, cook for further 2 min/speed 3.
Spread mixture onto prepared tray and sprinkle with additional castor sugar and almonds.
Bake for 10 - 15 minutes.
Once cooked, turn off the oven and allow to cool gradually inside ithe oven with the door open.
Once completely cooled, turn pavlova face down onto another piece of baking paper, tear away base paper and allow to cool for a few minutes.
Place cream into mixing bowl and whip 20 - 40 sec/speed 3 until very thick. Spread cream over the pre-prepared Pavlova base and top with fruit.
Roll up the Pavlova from the long end. Immediately place onto serving platter and chill before serving.
** Make sure your egg whites are at room temperature with absolutely no trace of yolk) **
** Make sure your TM bowl is very, very clean with absolutely no trace of oil or butter etc. or your eggs will flop. **
** If you feel your egg whites are not stiff enough, beat for a further few minutes using the Butterfly until you are satisfied. Beating the egg whites should be done for a minimum of speed 4 and with the MC REMOVED for the entire beating process **
** Make sure your castor sugar has been milled into the finest possible powder before adding. Grainy sugar will also cause the Pavlova to flop. **
** Add the castor sugar one tablespoon at a time with the blades still stirring on speed 3 before adding cornflour and vinegar **
Other users also liked...
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Creme Fraiche TM6 Fermentation Mode
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Jalapeño Corn Bread
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Polenta gnocchi in creamy pumpkin sauce
- Hit the milk - Hot sauce
- Low carb garlic sauce
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- Low carb fathead dough