- 75 g dessicated coconut, 1 cup
- 320 g sultanas, 2 cups
- 100 g Rum, to taste
- 14 weet bix
- 30 g cocoa, 4 tablespoons
- 400 g condensed milk, 1 can
- extra dessicated coconut, for rolling
2h 30minPreparation 2h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Add coconut, sultanas and rum to jug. Mix "Counter-clockwise operation" SP 2,10 seconds. Set aside. Refrigerate several hours or overnight to allow the rum to soak into the fruit (optional can be used immediately).
Add cocoa & weetbix to jug. Mix SP 5, 5 to 10 seconds until weetbix are crushed. Take care not to crush them too finely.
Add sultana mix to jug. Mix "Counter-clockwise operation" SP 5, 5 seconds.
Add condensed milk. Mix "Counter-clockwise operation" SP 5 10 to 15 seconds.
Refrigerate the mixture for 60 minutes before shaping into small balls and rolling in extra coconut.
Accessories you need
If mixture is too moist, add more weet bix.
For an alcohol free version, omit the rum. In this case the mixture may be a little dry. Reduce the weetbix to 12 initially and add more if necessary.
The recipe works with Bundaberg 5 (white rum) as well as the dark rum. I have also used the Spiced Rum. This time, I used Bundaberg Rum Royal Liqueur. which has a milder rum taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Donut ice-cream
- Superfood Seed Bar
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Low Fodmap Choc Nut Bites Dairy Free Gluten Free
- Sweet Chocolate Log or Balls
- Chocolate and Yoghurt Bundt Cake with Chocolate icing (Donna Hay)
- Christmas waffles with dark chocolate Cointreau pouring sauce
- Weetbix Slice
- Donna Hay Molten Choc Chunk Brownies
- Tiny Teddies
- Even Healthier Wheatbix Slice
- Healthy choc date cupcakes