- 80 grams Butter, softened
- 270 grams Dates pitted
- 1/3 teaspoon Bi-carb soda
- 230 grams water, boiling
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 240 grams Self Raising Flour
- 130 grams brown sugar
- 180 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams Butter
- 185 grams thickened cream
1h 0minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
Place dates, bi-carb soda and butter into TM bowl, add boiling water and leave soak for 5 minutes.
Place flour and sugar into bowl with the date mixture and mix for 30 seconds on speed 4-5
Pour mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer
To make the sauce place cream, sugar and butter into bowl for 7mins/varoma/speed 2
Serve cake with warm caramel sauce
Sticky date cake with caramel sauce
Serve with vanilla ice-cream
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Rocky Road
- Choc Mousse 2 ingredients low Fodmap
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls
- Zopf (Swiss Milk Bread)
- Apple-Cinnamon Choc Chip Muffin
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake