- 250 g mixed dried fruit
- 130 g brandy
- 240 g Dates pitted
- 250 g hot water
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 200 g Butter, softened, plus extra to grease pudding moulds
- 160 g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 300 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 300 g thickened cream
- 160 g brown sugar
- 50 g Butter, cut in pieces
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4h 30minPreparation 4h 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Place large glass or ceramic bowl onto bowl, and weigh in fruit and brandy. Ensure fruit is completely soaked. Set aside for at least 4 hours, to soften fruit.
Add dates to bowl, chop 5 secs spd 5.
Add water and bicarb, mix 5 secs spd 2.
Set aside in separate bowl.
Add butter and sugar, 20 secs spd 4. Scrape down. 1 min spd 4.
With blades spinning on spd 4, add eggs one at a time (approx 40 secs)
Remove butterfly and scrape down.
Add flour and spices, 10 secs spd 4.
Add dates, 10 secs spd 3
Add pudding mix to soaked fruit and stir to combine. I don't recommend adding the fruit to the TM bowl to mix them together.
Fill greased silicone moulds, leaving 1/2cm at the top to allow for rising.
Place moulds onto your varoma and tray. You will need to cook them in batches. Add 1000g boiling water to your bowl.
Steam for 20 mins on Varoma, spd 2.
Puddings are ready when they bounce back when lightly touched, and a skewer comes out clean.
Clean and dry mixing bowl before commencing sauce.
Add all ingredients to the bowl.
Cook 10 mins 80C spd 2.
Serve with puddings, and cream if desired
converted and adapted from a recipe on Taste.com.au
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Rocky Road
- Choc Mousse 2 ingredients low Fodmap
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Grain free chocolate mud cake cupcakes
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Nut butter Porridge
- Protein Bars
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Easy Lemon Cake