- 1000 g Milk (Any)
- 190 g raw sugar
- 110 g cornflour
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or essence
- 2 teaspoons drained passionfruit pulp, optional
- 2 --- packets Lattice biscuits
- icing sugar
- strained passionfruit juice
- softened butter
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
9Afternoon tea Brunch Lunch Snack Alcohol-free Children food Nut free Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Ramadan Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Gift Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick Cooking Cake Praline/sweets Australian Dessert
Select the Custard from the Automated Recipes on your BCB chip. Choose 6-8 Portions, and select Thick & Creamy. Add the 1000g milk, 190g raw sugar, 110g cornflour, 4 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract/essence and (optional) 2 teaspoons drained passionfruit pulp to the Thermomix bowl. Reserve the passionfruit juice for the icing. Turn the silver knob to begin.
Meanwhile, line a slice tray with baking paper. Place 15 Lattice biscuits, glazed side down, as close as possible together.
Spread the custard evenly over the biscuits, then place a layer of Lattice biscuits, glazed side up, on top of the custard - trying to match up with the bottom layer of biscuits.
Place into the 'fridge to cool. Wash and dry your Thermomix bowl.
Add the icing sugar, a teaspoon of softened butter, and a teaspoon of passionfruit juice to the Thermomix bowl. Mix for 20 seconds REVERSE Speed 1 until smooth. Add more icing sugar if too runny, or a little more passionfruit juice if too dry.
Spread the icing over the top of the Lattice biscuits.
Cut into individual Vanilla Slices, following the edges of the biscuits. Keep refrigerated, and enjoy
These Vanilla Slices are also delicious using lemon or orange zest in the custard and juice in the icing.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Raw Blueberry Cashew Cheesecake (Dairy Free)
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- Coconut & Chocolate Bliss Balls
- Pavlova towers
- 'Orange' you glad you found this Steamed Orange Pudding Recipe with Chocolate Sauce
- Apple, cinnamon desert cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Salted Caramel & Macadamia Bliss Balls
- Gingerbread house
- Nonna Gloria's Sponge Cake
- Cake flour
- Gluten free bread - soft and flexible
- Easy budget sausage rolls
- Apple slice with Passionfruit Icing
- No-Mac Chicken Nuggets with Sweet 'N' Sour sauce
- Easy strawberry baked cheesecake
- NO WHEAT, LOW GLUTEN RAISIN BREAD
- Creamy tomato pasta sauce
- Heidi's German Spritz Cookies
- The Sisters Tomato Relish