- 750 grams Apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- 30 grams water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 400 grams Butter, chilled & cubed
- 240 grams castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 500 grams High Grade Flour
- 40 grams custard powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
1. Place all stewed apple ingredients into bowl and cook 10 mins, 100 deg, reverse, speed 1 and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 170 deg and line a 18cm x 28cm baking tin with baking paper.
3. For shortcake, place butter into clean, dry bowl and soften 1 1/2 mins, 60 deg, speed 4.
4. Insert butterfly, add castor sugar and cream 30 sec, speed 4.
5. Add eggs and mix 10 sec, speed 4.
6. Add vanilla and mix 10 sec, speed 4.
7. Add flour, custard powder and baking powder and mix 7 sec, speed 8. Scrape down and combine a little with spatula.
8. Combine 7 sec, speed 8 again then finish mixing with the spatula to ensure shortcake is not overmixed.
9. Using floured finger tips, press two thirds of the shortcake mixture into the prepared tin.
10. Spoon the apple over top then dollop on the remaining mixture to loosely cover the apple.
11. Bake in prepared oven for 30 - 40 minutes until lightly golden.
Accessories you need
This is delicious served warm with the custard from the everyday cookbook.
Can also be enjoyed cold, making it a great lunch box food.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pie Maker Nutella Doughnuts
- South African Milk Food - Frummel Melkkos
- Russian custard
- Baked Crumble Topping
- Apricot Bites
- Lotus Cheesecake
- Donna’s Fluffy Pancakes
- Gluten Free Pancakes
- THERMOMUMMA SUPER THICK (& RICH) CHOCOLATE CUSTARD
- Chocolate Pistachio Christmas Star
- Caramel Fudge
- Gluten Free Rum Balls
- THERMOMUMMA PIZZA DOUGH (WITH SOURDOUGH OPTION)
- Variation Plum Jam
- autumn.kitchen Sourdough Sandwich Loaf
- BEST Basic vanilla cupcakes
- Grandma’s Brandy Fruit Cake
- Apple Banana and Nut Cookies
- Kates Rice Bubble Slice
- Gluten Free Challah
- Hot Smoked salmon pasta
- Luke's Tortillas
- Megan's Orange Cake
- Red Velvet Cupcakes