- 1 long red chilli
- 1 tsp dried chillies
- 10 cm Stick of lemongrass, Cut into 1cm pieces
- 3 cm ginger, Cut into 2mm coins
- 3 cm galangal, Peeled, cut into 2mm coins
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 sprigs thai basil
- 5 sprigs corriander, Incl root and stems
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves
- 40 g palm sugar, grated
- 40 g fish sauce
- 40 g TM vege stock concentrate
- 1800 g water
- 1 Whole, uncooked marron
- 6 Uncooked tiger prawns
- 6 fresh scallops
- 2 Squid tubes
- 4 fillets Whiting
- 5 sprigs thai basil
- 40 g spring onion
- 2 Limes
With blades running at speed 7, slowly add chillies, lemongrass, ginger, galangal, garlic, basil, corriander and kaffir lime leaves. Scrape down bowl and run blades at speed 7 until a consitent.
Add remaining soup ingredients and cook 10mins/90/Sp1.
Add marron to varoma dish.
Coil up whiting fillets to create a scroll and place on a piece of baking paper in varoma tray (ensuring vents are not covered by baking paper).
Place on TM and cook for 7mins/Varoma/Spd2
In the mean time, deshell prawns. Then add to varoma tray and cook for a futher 5mins/Varoma/Spd2
While prawns, marron and whiting are steaming, score squid tubes with a sharp knife, then add to varoma tray with scallops and cooke for 4mins/Varoma/Spd2
Deshell marron and devide amongst serving bowls. Evenly devide remain seafood amoungst serving bowls.
Note: Don't be concerned if seafood is slightly undercooked, it will continue to cook in the soup.
Pour soup over seafood and add sliced spring onions.
Squeeze fresh lime juice over soup and garnish with basil leaves. Place spent lime wedge into soup for extra lime kick.
For extra flavour, place prawn shells into TM basek and cook with soup. Remove the basket and discard the shells before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Creamy Garlic Prawn
- My Mother's Seafood Chowder
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Prawns Tom Yum Noodle
- Tuna Mornay (Variation)
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly