- 1000 grams round steak, trim fat and cut into strips 1cm x 3cm any cut of steak will do
- 60 g Butter
- 1 onion, Halved
- 1 green apples, Peeled, Cored and Quartered
- 1 tablespoon raisins, Peeled and broken into 3 or 4 pieces
- 250 grams pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoon TM veggie stock concentrate
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 400 grams water
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet fruit chutney
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
I have edited this recipe (23/6/2019) as per feedbeack I have increased cooking time - thanks everyone for your lovely comments.
1. Chop onion 5 sec / sp 7.
2. Add Butter and Sauté (With MC Removed) 3 mins / Varoma Temp / Sp 2.
3. Add apple, raisins and dates and chop 3 sec / sp 7, Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat 3 sec / sp 7, Scrape down sides of bowl. Repeat until you are happy with consistency.
4. Add Curry Powder and cook for 2 min / 100° / Sp 2.
5. Add cornflour and 2 tblspns water and cook for 1 min/ 100° / / sp 2
6. Add Steak, remaining water, TM Veggie Stock Concentrate, Brown Sugar, lemon juice, tomato sauce, Worchester sauce, and Fruit Chutney. Give contents of bowl a quick stir with spatula. Cook 30 mins/ 100° / / / MC removed and simmering basket on lid
7. Once finished, pour into Thermoserver and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving as it will thicken up upon standing.
Serve with rice or mashed potato.
By chopping apple, raisins and dates so finely it is a great way to hide ingredients not otherwise eaten by kids or fussy eaters.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation To "My Savoury Mince"
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne (using whole beef)
- Lebanese Kafta
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Maple Pancakes
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Cheats kousa
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins