- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 centimetre fresh ginger
- 4-8 sprigs fresh coriander (stalks and leaves)
- 40 grams Sweet chilli sauce, (2 tablespoons)
- 80 grams tomato paste, (4 tablespoons)
- 1 Fresh lime, (or 2 tablespoons/ 30gs lime or lemon juice)
- 500 grams water
- 600 grams chicken breast
- 250 grams rice, (I use Sunrice Low GI white rice)
- your choice of vegetables
1. Place garlic, ginger and coriander into thermomix bowl. Chop speed 8, 10 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2. Add sweet chilli sauce, tomato paste, juice of lime and water to bowl. Leave the sauce in the bowl, it will be mixed and cook the the rice, chicken and vegetables during steps 5 and 6.
3. Weigh rice into basket, rinse thoroughly with running water from the tap. Place basket into thermomix bowl. Place lid (no MC) on bowl.
4. Trim fat from chicken breasts, if very large cut in half "butterfly" style. Place chicken breasts in varoma. Place varoma on bowl.
5. Cook 15 minutes, varoma, speed 2. Meanwhile, chop vegetables.
6. Add vegetables to top varoma tray. Continue to cook for a further 15 minutes, varoma, speed 2. You may wish to add softer vegetables later. I add carrots with 15 minutes remaining, squash with 10 minutes remaining and green beans with 5 minutes remaining.
7. Once cooked, to serve place rice and vegetables on plates. Place chicken ontop of rice and drizzle sauce from the thermomix bowl over chicken.
All in one coriander chicken
This is a low fat, fresh, light dish perfect for summer. Serve without rice if you are looking to cut carbohydrates / calories.
This can be a bit hot / spicy, dpending on the amount of chilli in the sweet chilli sauce you use. If you find its too hot, try a different brand or less sweet chilli sauce next time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Marinated flank steak
- Hanne's porcupines
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Shonna's Rissoles/Patties
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling