- 1 carrot, roughly chopped (about 110g)
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped (about 50g)
- 1 brown onion, quartered (about 100g)
- 1 garlic clove
- 20 g Dried Porcini Mushrooms, sliced, pre-soaked in water and drained
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g mixed vegetables of choice (potato, pumpkin, beans, broccolini), cut into 3-4 cm pieces
- 1000 g blade roast, square shape (ensure meat fits within the mixing bowl comfortably)
- 100 g dry white wine
- 100 g water, plus extra to dissolve cornflour (if using)
- 1 tbsp TM vegetable or TM beef stock concentrate
- 3 pinches sea salt, to taste
- 3 pinches Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp cornflour (optional)
Place carrot, celery, onion, garlic, drained mushrooms and oil into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, and saute 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Place hard mixed vegetables (potatoes, pumpkin, carrots) into Varoma dish and set Varoma aside. Leave lighter vegetables aside (broccolini, beans, asparagus) at this stage.
Place blade roast into mixing bowl, lightly resting on the blades, ensuring meat fits comfortably in mixing bowl without obstructing hole in mixing bowl lid. Add white wine, water, TM stock concentrate, sea salt and pepper. Place Varoma with hard vegetables into position and cook 30 min/100°C//speed .
Turn the meat and vegetables over and cook for another 20-30 min/100°C//speed , or until meat is cooked to your preference. Transfer cooked meat and any vegetables that are cooked through into a ThermoServer to keep warm.
Cook vegetables a further 15 min/Varoma/speed 2. Set aside any vegetables that are cooked through in ThermoServer.
Add lighter vegetables to the Varoma tray and cook a further 5-10 min/Varoma/speed 2, or until all vegetables are cooked to your preference. Place into ThermoServer with meat and other vegetables.
If you prefer a thicker gravy, in a small bowl combine cornflour (if using) with 1 tbsp of the steaming liquid then add to mixing bowl and cook 4 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Carve beef and serve with steamed vegetables and gravy.
The maximum weight recommended for the square shaped blade roast for this recipe is 1200 g. Please ensure the meat fits within the mixing bowl comfortably.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed Port Dumplings
- Variation Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Spinach Paprika TASTY QUICK 14mins
- Low fodmap steamed Chinese 5 spice chicken buns
- Individual Chicken Roulades with Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- Frikkadel (Meatballs)
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Spicy Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Creamy Chicken Canelloni
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Zucchini, Ham and Corn Bites