- 1 carrot, roughly chopped (about 110g)
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped (about 50g)
- 1 brown onion, quartered (about 100g)
- 1 garlic clove
- 20 g Dried Porcini Mushrooms, sliced, pre-soaked in water and drained
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g mixed vegetables of choice (potato, pumpkin, beans, broccolini), cut into 3-4 cm pieces
- 1000 g blade roast, square shape (ensure meat fits within the mixing bowl comfortably)
- 100 g dry white wine
- 100 g water, plus extra to dissolve cornflour (if using)
- 1 tbsp TM vegetable or TM beef stock concentrate
- 3 pinches sea salt, to taste
- 3 pinches Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp cornflour (optional)
Place carrot, celery, onion, garlic, drained mushrooms and oil into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, and saute 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Place hard mixed vegetables (potatoes, pumpkin, carrots) into Varoma dish and set Varoma aside. Leave lighter vegetables aside (broccolini, beans, asparagus) at this stage.
Place blade roast into mixing bowl, lightly resting on the blades, ensuring meat fits comfortably in mixing bowl without obstructing hole in mixing bowl lid. Add white wine, water, TM stock concentrate, sea salt and pepper. Place Varoma with hard vegetables into position and cook 30 min/100°C//speed .
Turn the meat and vegetables over and cook for another 20-30 min/100°C//speed , or until meat is cooked to your preference. Transfer cooked meat and any vegetables that are cooked through into a ThermoServer to keep warm.
Cook vegetables a further 15 min/Varoma/speed 2. Set aside any vegetables that are cooked through in ThermoServer.
Add lighter vegetables to the Varoma tray and cook a further 5-10 min/Varoma/speed 2, or until all vegetables are cooked to your preference. Place into ThermoServer with meat and other vegetables.
If you prefer a thicker gravy, in a small bowl combine cornflour (if using) with 1 tbsp of the steaming liquid then add to mixing bowl and cook 4 min/Varoma/speed 2.
Carve beef and serve with steamed vegetables and gravy.
The maximum weight recommended for the square shaped blade roast for this recipe is 1200 g. Please ensure the meat fits within the mixing bowl comfortably.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore
- Ebony’s Butter Chicken
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce
- No-Mac Chicken Nuggets with Sweet 'N' Sour sauce
- Steamed chicken quinoa vegetable soup
- Butter Chicken with steamed vegetables
- Sweet and Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken (keto friendly)
- Kristy’s chicken parmy sauce
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Sweet Potato Salad with honey mustard dressing
- Swirl Layered Mooncake
- Lactation Cookies
- Black bean milk
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Quick and easy bread rolls
- Fried rice- Portuguese style