- 1 --- onion
- 1 --- ginger knob, 4-6cm
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 600 grams cubed chicken, breast, thigh, wings or mix
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 185 grams rice, white rice, glutinous or a mix
- fried garlic
- Spring onions sliced
- lemon juice
- hard-boiled egg, sliced
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Chop garlic, ginger & onion 6 seconds/Speed 7
- Add oil, saute garlic, ginger & onion 4 minutes/110 degrees/Speed 1
- Add rice, chicken, fish sauce and stock. Cook 18 minutes/100 degrees/Reverse/Speed 1
- Serve hot, topped with optional garnishes
Traditional Filipino dish, similar to Chinese congee, commonly served for breakfast. Good as a winter warmer or a chicken soup substantial substitute for those feeling under the weather.
For a soupier version, only use long grain white rice and increase liquid to below 2 litre mark of mixing bowl. For a less soupy version, use all glutinous rice and extend cooking time by 4-6 minutes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation To "My Savoury Mince"
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne (using whole beef)
- Lebanese Kafta
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chocolate,Ginger and Orange Bliss Balls / Protein Balls
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Halawet El Rez
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Cheats kousa