THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1/2 Capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1/2 carrot, cut into chunks
- 1/2 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks spring onion, cut into 3 com lengths
- 1/4 bunch coriander, including roots/stems/leaves, washed and cut into 2 cm lengths
- 1/4 bunch parsley, washed, leaves only
- 1 stalk Celery, cut into 2 cm lengths
- 750 g chicken breast or thigh, mostly frozen, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 egg
- 45 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 10 g sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Sweet Soy
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 900 g water
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tsp soy
- 2 tbsp chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- 200 g vermicelli noodes
- 400 g mixed asian veg, julienned carrots, snow peas, sugar snap peas, bok choy, spring onion, your choice.
1h 15minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking 45min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add all the veg and herbs to the mixing bowl. Mince 10 secs/speed 5. Scrape sides. Mince 7 secs/speed 5. Remove to large bowl.
2. Add half of the chicken to the mixing bowl. Turbo 1 second x 4. Remove to the same bowl as herbs and veg. Repeat process with remaining chicken.
3. Add chicken and veg back to mixing bowl, along with remaining dumpling ingredients. Mix for 45 secs/speed 4.
4. Lightly spray with oil your varoma tray, to prevent your dumplings from sticking. Alternatively you could wet some baking paper and lay it on your varoma tray, poking some holes with a knife so the juice doesnt get trapped.
5. Form even sized balls of dumpling mix and place them on to varoma tray in the bottom of the varoma dish. Make sure they have small spaces between each, and that they are in a single layer. Place your varoma in the fridge until ready to cook. Can be done the day beforehand.
1. In a clean mixing bowl, place 900g of water. Set varoma into position. 27 mins/varoma/speed 2.
2. In a small bowl, mix cornflour, soy, chinese cooking wine, garlic, sesame oil, oyster sauce, honey, fish sauce. Ensure there are no lumps. You can achieve this by mixing the cornflour with the wine first until it is smooth.
3. Prepare your mixed vegetables. I like to julienne the harder veg - like carrots, onion, celery, etc. - so that it cooks at the same speed as the lighter veg - like snowpeas, bok choy, spring onions.
4. When the timer goes off after 27 mins, remove varoma. Reserve 200 g of the liquid from the mixing bowl. Add to this liquid in the mixing bowl, the cornflour mixture.
5. Place veggies in the bottom of the varoma on top of the dumplings you have in there. Place varoma back into position. Cook for a further 8 mins/varoma/speed 2.
6. While this is cooking, boil a kettle of water. Place vermicelli noodles in a bowl and cover with boiled water. Use a fork to move noodles gently until they separate. Leave noodles in the hot water until the dumplings are finished so they will be warm.
7. When timer goes off, remove dumplings and veg to a server. Tip lime juice in to mixing bowl, and mix 4 secs/speed 4. Pour 70% of sauce over the top of veg and dumplings in server. Drain noodles, and mix with the remaining sauce.
8. Serve garnished with fresh coriander, sesame seeds, fried shallots, and spring onion.
To make the dumplings:
Cooking dumplings with veg/sauce/noodles:
You could use any kind of meat in this recipe, simply alter the turbo time to get the desired consistency.
You don't need to add all of the veg to the dumplings. I have done this to sneak veggies to a fussy toddler.
You could swap out the breadcrumbs for nut meal to reduce the gluten in the dish.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Pearl Barley with Spinach & Pork Mince
- Chicken and Leek Pie
- Chicken tikka masala
- Hainanese Chicken Rice (Fast & Easy)
- My Nacho Feast!
- Chicken & Mushroom Pie filling
- Mustard & Apple Chicken Bake
- Chicken,basil & almond jaffle
- Chinese Style Beef and Broccoli
- Apricot Chicken
- Chicken Thai Green Curry
- Creamy pasta with seafood balls - Varoma complete meal
- Polenta topped braised beef cheek pies
- Nigella's Chocolate and Orange Cake
- Ice Coffee and Almond Cake
- Super Moist Whole Orange Cake
- Salmon, fennel and feta filo pie
- Jekyll and Hyde - the Champagne Cocktail
- Sneaky Zucchini Loaf
- Hidden Veggie Lunchbox Scrolls
- The Easiest Chocolate Cupcake
- Banana Bread
- Chia Cranberry Muesli Bars