- 1 kilo Pork Belly, cubed, 2x2 cm
- 1 onion
- 7 garlic cloves
- 250 grams soy sauce
- 60 grams Calamansi juice, or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 60 grams raw sugar
- 125 grams banana ketchup, or tomato ketchup
- 125 grams Lemonade
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water for min 20mins
Place cubed pork belly into a container to marinade in and set aside. Add onion and garlic cloves to TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 7. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
Add all the remaining marinade ingredients and mix 10 sec / speed 4.
Pour marinade over pork belly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally. The lemonade in the marinade acts as a tenderiser and adds flavour to the pork; the longer the pork is marinated, the more flavoursome it will be.
Thread pork into pre-soaked bamboo skewers. Do not throw out the marinade.
Cook the skewers over live coal, turning and basting with the reserved marinade every few minutes until cooked through (this should take approximately 10 minutes).
Serve and enjoy immediately.
Accessories you need
Calamansi is a Filipino lime which, along with banana ketchup, can be found at selected Asian grocers. Otherwise, lemon juice and tomato ketchup are adequate substitutes and won’t compromise the flavour of this recipe.
As mentioned in the recipe, the lemonade not only enhances the flavour of the meat but it also acts as a tenderiser. If you’re feeling adventurous, substitute with beer.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caldaretta (Filipino Beef Stew)
- Chocolate Tagliatelle with Choc Hazelnut Sauce
- Pink Moscato Panna Cotta with Pistachios
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Crayfish Tails Steamed in Beer
- Mango Mousse Cups
- Chocolate Malteser Fudge
- Caramalised Onion and Blue Cheese Sauce
- Greek Chicken Pinwheels
- Brownie Batter Spread
- Sweet Filipino Spaghetti
- Sweet Custard Buns
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Quince relish for Irina
- Nonna’s Spaghetti Sauce
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream
- Chorizo and Tomato Risotto
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Mum's simple bolognese sauce