- 700 g Stewing steak, Diced
- 1 onion, Peeled and halved
- 4 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 25 g oil
- 1/4 Cup plain flour (30g)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Cup tawny port (you can also use red wine)
- 1 Cup beef stock (can make using 1 heaped tablespoon TM stock mixed with 1 cup of water)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 level tsp dried oregano
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 heaped tbsp tomato paste
- 2 potatoes, Chopped
- 2 TM measuring cups of frozen corn kernels
- 1 TM measuring cup full of frozen peas
- 2 large carrots, Chopped
- 1 level tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 level tbsp soy sauce
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
91st main course 2nd main course Main course Autumn Carnival Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Winter Birthday Buffet Everyday Gift Holiday Party Picnic Cooking Frying Easy Low budget Brunch Dinner Lunch Supper Children food Egg free Lactose free Non-dairy Nut free Australian Cooking for large family Meat dish Vegetable dish
1. Place flour into a plastic bag along with the salt and pepper.
2. Cut stewing steak into chunks and place into bag with flour and shake to coat the meat.
3. You can brown the meat in a pan in oil at this stage if you have the time to, because it really does add a lot of flavour. If you don’t have the time you can skip this step.
4. Place onions and garlic in TM bowl and blitz 6 seconds speed 5.
5. Scrape down sides of bowl and add the oil and sauté 6 minutes Varoma speed 2.
6. Add tomato paste, balsamic, tawny port or red wine, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, oregano and bay leaves. Cook 5 minutes Varoma speed 1.
7. Add the stock, water, carrots and beef and cook 40 minutes 100 speed reverse soft.
8. Add potatoes, peas and corn and cook 10 minutes 100 reverse speed soft.
9. Then remove TM measuring cup and cook for another 8 minutes 100 reverse speed soft.
Accessories you need
This stew with thicken upon cooling.
if you would like to make rice to accompany this stew, I have an easy recipe for steamed rice published.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Vegetable soup (with McKenzies dry soup mix)
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Lebanese bread (pocket pita)
- Apple Tea cake
- Apple slice
- Onion gravy
- Chicken and (hidden) vegetable nuggets
- Banana pancakes/fritters
- Corned meat (beef) and vegetable fritters
- Bacon and mushroom pasta (light version made with milk not cream)
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Curried mince with rice
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Coconut ice coffee kickstarter
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Marinara Sauce
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts