- 2 piece onion, white, standard size, if big use 1.
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 3 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 500 g Beef, curry cut, best if use shoulder part
- 150 g potato, =1 piece, cut into 8-12 pieces.
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 litre water
- 95 g oil
- 8 sprigs fresh coriander, to garnish
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place onion, garlic and ginger in mixing bowl. Place measuring cup."Blend" 4 seconds/speed 8. Scrap sides.
- Add 80g of oil, "Blend" 7 mins/120C/"Gentle stir setting" . Scrap bottom.
- Add garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric. "Blend" 5 mins/120C/"Gentle stir setting" . Scrap bottom.
- Add beef, mix with spices using spatula. Pour 15g oil, place measuring cup, "Blend" 15mins, 120C,"Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting" .
- Add potato, water and salt. Place measuring cup,"Blend" 15 mins/ 120C,"Counter-clockwise operation" "Gentle stir setting" .
- Transfer and garnish with chopped/torn coriander leaves.
Accessories you need
This recipe can cater up to 1kg of beef/meat without any adjustment.
For 500g of beef, gravy will be extra, and it's perfect for dippings for eg: roti canai, capati, paratha etc.
This recipe uses garam masala powder made by the same author.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chilli Con Carne
- CHICKEN BEAN & CORN ENCHILADAS WITH RICE (THERMOMUMMA)
- Chicken and Pesto Baked Meatballs
- South Indian Chicken Curry
- Spaghetti Bol
- Lamb Shanks with mixed vegetable sauce
- Berubut Masak Lemak Chilli Api
- Mel’s Veggie Packed Chunky Bolognese
- Moroccan-style Chicken with Olives and Preserved Lemons (No Tagine req'd)
- Michael's Chicken Bake
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Mongolian mantuun buuz/ steamed buns with beef filling