- 800 grams chicken thighs, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon chili powder, (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon garlic/ginger paste, (see tips)
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 centimetre Peeled ginger
- 1/2 green chili, (add more if you want)
- 20 grams Cashews
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 25 grams oil
- 4 green cardamon pods
- 1 floret of blade mace
- 4 Large Tomatoes, quartered
- 25 grams tomato paste
- 5 grams salt
- 175 grams water
- 5 grams honey
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek
- 70 grams Butter
- 175 grams cream, (optional)
Recipe is created for
1. Make slits in the chicken thighs
2. Apply a paste of salt, half the chilli powder and lemon juice all over the thighs. Set aside for 30 minutes.
3. Mix yoghurt with garlic/ginger paste, garam masala, the other half the chili powder, and oil. Apply this mixture over the chicken and allow to marinate for 3-4 hours up to overnight in the fridge.
4. Preheat the oven to the highest setting for 15 minutes. Put the chicken on a wire cooling rack on a pan (to prevent the chicken sticking to the pan). Bake the chicken for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 200*C and cook for 15-25 minutes or until chicken is done.
1. Have the TM blades running at speed 7. Drop through the hole in the lid the garlic, ginger, green chilli and cashews. Set aside. No need to wash the bowl.
2. Put onion into the TM bowl. Chop 3 seconds/speed 7. Scrape down bowl.
3. Add oil. Cook Varoma/4 minutes/speed 3 with MC out.
4. Add the chopped garlic, ginger, chili, cashew paste and cardamom and blade mace to the TM bowl. Cook Varoma/2 minutes/speed 2 with MC out.
5. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and water to the TM bowl. Put the steamer basket over the MC hole in the lid. Cook Varoma/5 minutes/speed 1.
6. Remove the steamer basket and put the MC back in. Blend the sauce by very gradually increasing the speed up to speed 9. You should be very careful of the sauce splattering. Be VERY slow in increasing the speed! If you increase the speed to quickly the sauce can splatter and burn you. Take care!
7. Add the honey and the tandoori chicken pieces and any juices from the tandoori chicken pan. Cook Varoma/4 minutes/speed 1/Reverse. Use the steamer basket to cover the hole in the lid.
8. Add garam masala, chili powder, fenugreek leaves and butter. Cook Varoma/1 minute/speed 1/Reverse (or until the butter melts).
9. With the blades running at speed 1/Reverse, gradually add cream through the hole.
10. Serve with rice and naan bread.
Making the Tandoori Chicken
Making the Butter chicken sauce
To make garlic ginger paste, you blend together equal parts of ginger and garlic. You can freeze any leftover garlic ginger paste.
If you can't find the spices in your local supermarket, go to an Indian grocery store.
You can use chicken wings or drumsticks to make the tandoori chicken but be sure to remove any bones before you add the chicken to the butter chicken sauce.
You can add as much chili as you like at any stage, however butter chicken is traditionally a more mild curry.
You don't have to add the cream, and you can reduce the butter for a more healthy dish.
Cook your rice in the thermomix and store it in your Thermoserver while you cook the butter chicken sauce.
You can add greek yoghurt when you serve it if you find it's a bit too spicy.
Goes great with rice and naan bread.
For a video showing how to make this dish visit www.thermohow.com
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Snowy’s Pork Ribs
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Lamb Ragu
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Oatmeal recipe
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover