- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 onions, halved
- 2cm ginger, peeled
- 2 carrots, medium
- 80 grams Butter
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 3/4 teaspoons chilli powder, that is 3 quarters but is to your taste
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon tumeric ground
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or honey
- 6-700 grams chicken breast or thigh
- 25 grams White or apple cider Vinegar
- 100 grams tomato paste
- 15 grams Vegetable or Chicken Stock Paste
- 400 grams diced tomatoes can
- 260 grams cream
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onion, garlic, ginger, carrot to bowl, 4 seconds - speed 5.5
Add butter, 5 minutes, 120 degrees, speed 1 mc off
Add spices, 2 minutes; 120 degrees, speed 1, MC on
Add all other ingredients besides cream and 12 minutes, 100 degrees, speed soft, reverse
Add cream, 6 minutes, 90 degrees, soft speed reverse.
I then put in thermoserver to let flavours develop and cook rice, and or naan bread (which i would have done dough before starting buter chicken) while rice is cooking. See tips for rice cooking.
For rice I add water to 1 litre line in bowl, weigh rice into simmering basket any amount upto 400 grams.
Rinse Rice under water, add basket to bowl
17 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 4, turns out perfect everytime
I have made and tried alot of butter chicken and this is what I have put together myself from all of them, for optimum ease and optimum taste.
Sometimes if i am using CHUNKY tomatoes etc, when it comes to the add everything else but cream, after adding everything else but BFORE adding the chicken i blitz on speed 5 for 5 seconds to make it a nice smooth sauce.
PLEASE rate if MAKE
for DAIRY free, change butter to oil, and cream to coconut cream
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Beef fajitas
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Coconut Bounty Brownie (Adapted from New Idea Magazine)
- Spaghetti Marinara
- Lamb and feta sausage rolls
- Easy Passionfruit Curd (Lower Carb)
- Chocolate raspberry muffins
- Gussie's Biscuits
- Banana & Raspberry Cake
- Aglio Olio
- Greek Yoghurt Ranch Dip
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Cornflake honey slice
- Roast chicken low carb