- 2 Onions peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 20 g oil
- 30 g balsamic vinegar, optional
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- 1 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- 1200 g gravy beef diced
- 80 g tomato paste
- 40 g plain flour
- 50 g Worcestershire sauce
- 30 g balsamic vinegar
- 50 g Vegetable stock paste, (or beef)
- 200 g water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 qty EDC shortcrust pastry
- 2-3 sheet Puff Pastry or TM Ruff Puff
Add onions and garlic to bowl and chop for 3 seconds on Speed 7. Add oil and 30g balsamic vinegar and sauté for 10 minutes at 100deg Speed 1.
Add remaining ingredients and cook for 45 minutes at 100 deg on Reverse Speed 1.
NOTE: It is your choice to add the extra balsamic at this stage. I have it in 2 steps, 1 to infuse the onions and 1 to infuse the sauce. You don't have to though.
Cook again for 15 minutes at Varoma on Reverse Speed 1 (with basket in place if you need to reduce liquid). Allow to cool for a few hours.
Make your pastry as required. If using an electric 4 pie maker you should get 12 pies from this quantity of beef.
If making one big pie you can reduce the amount of pastry required. Bake at 180jdeg for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
This mix is delicious without pastry and served with vegetables or a mash potato top.
Note: Your pastry will be cooked properly if your pie mix is cold when placed into pastry.
Beef Pie Mix - Make ahead of time to allow to cool
Makes awesome party pies.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Gma's Meatloaf
- Stuffed Chicken Breast