- 1 chilli, (optional)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 15 grams ginger
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 2 tablespoons hiosin sauce, (try making your own)
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 spring onions - chopped
- 400 grams boneless chicken thighs - chopped
- Basmati or Jasmine rice, 1 cup
- coriander and chilli slices for garnish
- broccoli - cut into small florets, (a couple of handfuls)
- 3 bok choy
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced
Add garlic, ginger, coriander and chilli (if using) to the bowl, speed 7 for 2 seconds
Add chopped shallots and set to 100 degrees, speed 2 for 2 mins
Add hoisin, tamari, fish sauce, water, honey, chinese five spice and set to 100 degrees for 1 minute.
Add chicken and set to 100 degrees for 15 mins, , speed 1.
While chicken is cooking, add vegetables to the Varoma tray.
When finished cooking, place in thermoserver to keep warm. Don' t bother washing the bowl to cook the rice. Add the rice to the steaming basket in the TM bowl and add water (I usually add enough water to cover rice by 1cm). Place varoma dish with vegetables on top the bowl and cook at Varoma temperature for 17 mins at speed 2. (If you prefer crunchier veg just cook vegetables for a few mins less than the rice.)
To serve, place vegetables onto plate, add chicken on top, then spoon sauce over and garnish with chopped coriander and slices of chilli (if desired)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Shepherds pie
- Bel’s Satay Chicken
- Mums white sauce based curried sausages
- Spaghetti Polpette
- Chicken Spesh
- Sausage and Yorkshire Bake
- Red Cottage Pie
- Spice Craft Butter Chicken
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Devilled Sausages (Healthy Mummy style)
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Foodie Mumma Ren’s Butter Chicken
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Apricot Slice
- Russian Honey Cake
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Fruit Bread
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Breakfast Beans
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Variation Pumpkin, Pancetta & Pea Risotto (or 3P Risotto!)
- Japanese milk bread