THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 100 g Cashews
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, Large
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tbsp fenucreek leaves
- 3 heaped tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 can coconut cream, 400ml
- 1200 g Chicken thigh fillets, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon tandoori colouring, (see note)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- coriander leaves, to serve (optional)
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
1. Mill cashews 10 sec/sp 10, set aside
2. Add onion to the bowl and chop 5 secs/ sp 4
3. Add 2 tbs of the coconut oil - Saute 4 min/varoma / "Gentle stir setting" / MC off
4. Add garlic, chop 3 sec/ sp 7/ MC on
5. Add all spices & saute 2min/100 deg/ "Gentle stir setting" / MC off
6. Add the tomato paste & cook 1min/varoma/ "Gentle stir setting" / MC off
7. Add salt, lemon juice, coconut cream and remaining coconut oil- mix 3 sec/"Counter-clockwise operation" /sp 3/ MC off
8. Cook for 5 min/ 80 deg/ "Counter-clockwise operation" /sp 1/ MC off
9. Insert butterfly, add chicken, cook 18 mins/100 deg/"Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting" / MC on
10. Check chicken is cooked through.
11. Mix cornflour with a small amount of water and the tandoori colouring to make a slurry. Add cashews to TMX and mix 2 mins/varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /"Gentle stir setting" MC off. Whilst TMX is running, pour cornflour slurry in through hole and replace MC.
12. Crush fenugreek leaves between fingers and stir through curry before serving.
12. Serve with Naan bread and rice
Accessories you need
All measurements are Australian standard (i.e. 1 tbsp = 20ml)
You can use red food colouring instead of tandoori colouring. Or leave out altogether as it's only for look - no affect on flavour
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6