- 600 grams chicken breast, Cut into 1cm x 6cm strips
- 350 grams Chickpeas, Cooked
- 2 cloves garlic, Finely Grated
- 2 cm ginger, Finely Grated
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Natural greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 30 grams Butter, Cubed
- 30 grams garlic, Roughly Chopped
- 30 grams ginger, Roughly Chopped
- 2 pods cardamom, Lightly Crushed
- 4 cloves
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder, or to taste, remember the marinade has chilli in it as well!
- 550 grams fresh tomatoes, Core removed and cut in quarters
- 150 grams Raw Cashew Nuts
- 200 grams water
- 200 grams cream
- 40 grams Butter
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt, to taste
4h 40minPreparation 4h 40minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Marinate the Chicken
1. Place chicken in a bowl along with finely grated garlic and ginger, sea salt, chilli powder and lemon juice.
2. Mix until chicken is well coated.
3. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile mix together yoghurt, 1st measurement of garam masala, tumeric and cumin.
5. After 30 minutes has passed add the spiced yoghurt mixture to the marinating chicken and mix well.
6. Cover and put in the fridge for 4 hours.
Making the sauce. (While the chicken is marinating)
7. Add butter to your thermomix bowl.
8. Melt butter, 2 minutes, 80 degrees, speed 2.
9. Add 30g Garlic and 30g Ginger.
10. Chop speed 6, 2 seconds.
11. Scrape down the sides and repeat step 10 two more times.
12. Cook garlic and ginger 3 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 1.5.
13. Scrape down and add cardamom pods, cloves, coriander, 2nd measurement of garam masala, tumeric and chilli.
14. Cook 2 minutes, 90 degrees, reverse speed 1.5.
15. Scrape down and repeat step 14.
16. Set aside spice mixture in a bowl. It should be thick and paste like and very aramatic.
17. Add fresh tomatoes to the thermomix bowl.
18. Cook 10 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.
19. Add raw cashew nuts, water, cream and second measurement of butter.
20. Cook 5 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.
21.Puree 1 minute at speed 7.
22. Scrape down the sides and add the cooked spice mixture back into the sauce along with the chickpeas.
23. Cook 10 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse speed 1.
24. Leave the sauce sitting for as long as possible to absorb all the lovely spice flovours.
25. Once the chicken has finished marinating add it (and all the juices) into the sauce mixture.
26. Cook 17 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse speed 1.
27. Taste, season with a little more salt if desired.
The sauce can be prepared while your chicken is marinating and then it can all be put together 20 minutes before serving. Serve topped with lots of fresh chopped coriander, basmati rice, popadoms and naan bread. I also like serving some steamed (varoma) seasonal vegetables as a side, green beans and brocolli are a favorite in out house.
1. Wash 500g Basmati Rice in simmering basket, until the water runs clear.
2. Add 1200g water and 2 tsp salt to thermomix.
3. Put simmering basket of rice into thermomix and give it a quick stir to loosen.
4. Cook 20 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 4.
5. During the cooking time give the rice a stir through the lid a few times.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore
- Ebony’s Butter Chicken
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce