- 2 Limes
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1500 grams boneless chicken thighs - chopped
- 80 grams almonds
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 6 cloves
- 10 black peppercorns
- 5 cardamon pods
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 tablespoons Ground Coriander
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 250 grams Greek yoghurt
- 50 grams vegetable oil
- 2 brown onions halved
- 10 cloves garlic
- 5 centimetre piece ginger peeled
- 400 grams tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- 150 grams water
- 1 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 long red chillies deseeded
2h 5minPreparation 1h 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Combine the lime juice, salt, chilli powder with the diced chicken pieces in a bowl and set aside.
In the TMX bowl toast the almonds, bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns, cardamon pods and cinnamon sticks for 10 mins/ 100*/ speed 1. Once cooked add in the ground coriander, cumin and tumeric and mix for 3 secs/ speed 6. Allow to cool for approx 10 mins.
Once cooled turbo the spices for 2 seconds twice. Place half the spice mix along with yoghurt in with the set aside marinating chicken and mix together. This now needs to marinate for a futhure 60 minutes.
Once the chicken has marinated long enough. In the TMX bowl is the leftover spice mix, to this add the onions, garlic and ginger and chop for 3 secs/ speed 5. Add on the oil and fry off the spices for 4 mins/ 120*/ speed 1. Scrap down the sides. Add the chicken marinade mix, tomato puree, tomato paste, stock, water, mustard seeds and chillies to the bowl and cook for 50 minutes/ 110*/ reverse/ speed .5, place the simmering basket on the lid instead of the MC.
Once cooked pour into a Thermoserver and serve with rice or Naan bread, or both.
Accessories you need
I make this the day before I want to eat it to allow the flavours to stregnthen over night and just reheat before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Lemongrass beef skewers with satay sauce
- Slow Cooked Pulled Mexican Beef
- Superfood Seed Bar
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Spicy Bean Burgers by Dr Clare Bailey and Justine Pattison
- Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza