- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 --- chilli, dried, adjust to your taste
- 2 --- cardamom pods
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 piece cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon tumeric ground
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger
- 10 g chicken, stock
- 150 g onion
- 3 --- garlic clove
- 80 g Butter
- 600 g chicken, roughly chopped
- 25 g vinegar, apple cider or white
- 100 g tomato paste
- 400 g tomatoes, diced (tin is fine)
- 260 g cream
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add all spices to the bowl and chop 4 seconds, speed 6
Dehydrate and place in labelled paper bag, fold and seal
- Add onion and garlic to the bowl and chop for 4 seconds, speed 6.
Add butter and saute for 5 minutes, 120 degrees, speed 2.5 with measuring cup in.
Add spices, 2 minutes; 120 degrees, speed 1with measuring cup in.
Add tomatoes and tomato paste and blend for a few seconds, then add chicken and vinegar and cook for 10 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 1 in reverse.
Add cream and cook an extra 5 minutes on 90 degrees, reverse 1.
Put in thermoserver and cook rice.
Add 1 litre of water into bowl, weigh 400g rice into simmering basket and rinse. Insert simmering basket into position in bowl and set time for 17 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 4.
You'll have time to get the wine!
Fresh parsley or coriander is a nice finish.
Before you go!
Let's make Butter Chicken
Accessories you need
For rice I add water to 1 litre line in bowl, weigh rice into simmering basket any amount upto 400 grams.Rinse Rice under water, add basket to bowl17 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 4, turns out perfect everytimeI have made and tried alot of butter chicken and this is what I have put together myself from all of them, for optimum ease and optimum taste.Sometimes if i am using CHUNKY tomatoes etc, when it comes to the add everything else but cream, after adding everything else but BFORE adding the chicken i blitz on speed 5 for 5 seconds to make it a nice smooth sauce.PLEASE rate if MAKEfor DAIRY free, change butter to oil, and cream to coconut cream
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- EASY CHICKEN CURRY
- Savoury mince pie (adapted from Culinary Ginger)
- Risotto with Chicken and Baby Leaf Spinach
- GlazBro Silverside
- Chicken Parma balls
- Mexican Monday
- Carbonara Chicken FIlo Parcels
- Ray's Chicken Coconut Curry
- Moroccan Lamb pizza topping
- Sausages in Onion Gravy
- Tori's honey mustard chicken and veg
- Jenny's Chocolate Weetbix Crunch Slice
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Miso suace
- Malaysian Curry Powder by Mad creations
- Cheats Sourdough
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Milo Biscuits Variation
- Apricot, Yoghurt and Coconut cake
- NOT BUTTER CHICKEN
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Noodles with Soya Bean Soup (Korean Kong Guk Su)
- Pandan Chiffon Cake by Ivana