- 1 package chevups, cut in to quarters
- 50 g parmesan cheese grated, optional
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 brown onions, cut in quarters
- handful fresh herbs (basil, rosemary, thyme, parsley), or 1-2 TBSP dried italian herbs
- 20g olive oil
- 1 carrot, cut in 3cm pieces
- 1 zuccini, cut in 3cm pieces
- 20 g Mushroom
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut/torn in rough pieces
- 1 portion Frozen spinach, optional
- 60 g tomato paste
- 20 g raw sugar
- 2 cans tomatoes (400g each)
- salt & pepper
10h 23minPreparation 10h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add garlic, onion and herbs in bowl - 5 sec, speed 7. scrape down bowl.
Add 10g oil, cook 3 min, Varoma, speed 2. While cooking, cut chevups in quarters and cut vegetables.
Add carrot, zuccini, mushrooms, capsicum - 5 sec, speed 7, scrape down bowl
Add tomato paste, sugar, oil, tomatoes, salt & pepper - mix 5 sec, speed 5
Spread chevups on both levels of Varoma leaving space for steam. Place on top of bowl.
Cook 16 minutes, Varoma, speed 2.
Meanwhile cook pasta to taste.
Check chevups are cooked, may need to increase cooking time by 2-4 minutes if not cooked through.
Once cooked, add chevups to thermoserver or similar. Spoon over about half of sauce.
Serve over cooked pasta and sprinkle with parmesan if desired.
Chevups are available from most major supermarkets.
Sauce is great with pasta (vegetarian) or with any meatballs.
Freeze or refrigerate remaining sauce - there should be enough for another pasta meal.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- cron milk
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Nonna’s Spaghetti Sauce
- Mum's simple bolognese sauce
- Orange, Beetroot and Carrot juice- with a kick of ginger!
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- My first veggies
- DinnerWinner Curry