- 3 cm ginger, cube
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 2 tbsp Rice Bran Oil
- 1 tsp turmeric ground
- 1/2 tsp coriander ground
- 1/2 tbsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3-4 tbsp Kasundi, (made prior in TM)
- 150 g coconut cream
- 80 g tomato paste
- 100 g raw cashews
- 600 g chicken breast fillets, large cubes
1. Add ginger, garlic and onion to mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
2. Scrape down sides. Add oil and saute 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
3. Add turmeric, coriander powder, ginger powder, sugar, salt, Kasaundi, coconut cream and tomato paste and mix 4 sec/speed 4.
4. Add cashews and mix 5 sec/speed 4.
5. Insert butterfly (optional)
6. Add chicken and cook 10 min/ 90ºC//speed .
7. Transfer to ThermoServer for 5 minutes prior to serving.
Serve with steamed rice.
substitute red onion for brown, coconut milk for coconut cream, almonds for cashews, coconut oil for rice bran oil.
If you like it to be more saucy, add more cocomut cream/milk.
adjust the amount of Kasundi based on how spicy your kasundi is and to taste
By using the butterfly, the chicken will stay chunkier.
Kasundi is an Indian spiced tomato relish available from most supermarkets. You can make your own by using this recipe //www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/tomato-kasundi/54393
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Gma's Meatloaf
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Creamy Sweet Chilli Chicken