- 50 grams parmesan
- 110 grams cauliflower florets
- 1 carrot, Cut into quarters
- 1 onion, Peeled &amp; quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 1 egg
- 600 grams Chicken thighs or tenderloin, Cut into chunks
- 1/2 package Panko breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- salt, To season
- 1 heaped tablespoon chia seeds, (Optional)
8Recipe is created for
1. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Place Parmesan into bowl and mix on speed 7 / 7 sec. Set aside, no need to clean bowl.
3. Add cauliflower, onion and carrots to bowl. Mix speed 7 / 10 secs. Scrape down.
4. Add chicken and process speed 7 / 20 seconds.
5. Add chia seeds, egg, and cheese and combine on speed 4 / 10 seconds or until combined. Mixture will be quite wet - don't worry.
6. Take large teaspoons of mixture and place straight into bowl of Panko crumbs - don't worry about shaping at this stage. Generously coat nugget with crumbs then gently shape (I just pinch softly in the middle). Don't overwork, and ensure there are heaps of crumbs.
7. Bake for 15 mins, turn nuggets over and bake for a further 15 mins or until golden brown on each. Careful not to make them too brown or the nuggets will be dry inside.
These are great with Quirky Cooking's homemade tomato sauce (which is delicious and super easy to make):
These are the only way I can get my 2 year old to eat broccoli and cauliflower. She loves them!
Would also be a great finger food when starting solids as it is soft enough for littlies to gum on.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.