- 2 tablespoon flaked almonds, toasted *see notes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 grams chicken thighs, fat removed and quartered
- 1 --- red onion, large
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 2 yellow capsicums
- 6-8 pitted dates, halved *see notes
- 400 gram tin chopped tomatoes
- 400 gram tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100 gram Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add quartered red onion, peeled garlic and lemon zest to the bowl.
Chop 2 seconds, speed 7
Add oil and spices and cook 4 minutes, 120 degrees, speed 1.
Add chicken to the bowl and cook 3 minutes, 120 degrees, reverse, speed 1.
Add tinned tomatoes, Dates and capsicum plus 60grams water to the bowl and cook 22 minutes, 90 degrees, reverse, stir.
Place simmering basket on top instead of MC.
Check chicken is cooked through and add in tinned chickpeas and about 50grams of the spinach.
Heat, 2 minutes, 90 degrees, reverse, stir.
Pour into Thermoserver and stir through lemon juice, remaining spinach, corainder and almonds.
Adjust seasoning to taste.
1. To toast almonds - Add to bowl before starting tagine and cook 3 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse speed 1.
2. If using medjool dates, only 4-6 dates are needed. If using regular (smaller dates) use 8.
3. Serve on top of extra spinach leaves.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Lamb Ragu
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Oatmeal recipe
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC