- 1 large onion, (peeled & halved)
- 12 dried chillies, (soaked in hot water for 15 minutes)
- 1 small piece belachan (shrimp paste)
- 4 candlenuts
- 2 stalks lemon grass stem, (white part only - sliced)
- 2 slices galangal
- 3 teaspoons Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp salt, ( or to taste )
- 100 grams water
- 80 grams white vinegar, (or to taste)
- 60 grams cooking oil
- 2 Fresh red chillies, (optional)
- 650 grams chicken thigh fillet, (cut into 4 cm pieces)
- 2 large potatoes, (cut into 3 cm pieces)
Place all curry devil paste ingredients ( but only 2 teasp.of mustard seeds) and oil into TM bowl and chop for 40 seconds on Speed 8. Scrape sides of bowl and chopped for an additional 20 seconds at Speed 8 for a smoother paste. (You may have to keep chopping until a fine paste is achieved)
Saute curry paste for 5 minutes at VaromaTemperature on Soft Speed with MC off.
Add potatoes, and chicken and mixed for 3 min.at Varoma Temperature, Reverse and
Add water and fresh chillies ( whole ) and cook at 100 °, 15 min., Reverse & Speed soft or until chicken is cooked and potatoes are soft. ( If dry then you can add more water )
Add vinegar & 1 teasp of mustard seeds and cook at 100 °, 3 min., Reverse and Speed Soft.
TIP: Optional: In a fry pan, fry some some sliced garlic and ginger and use this to garnish your curry devil.
Chicken curry Devil
Accessories you need
This well known Eurasian dish is usually cooked on special occasions like Christmas or any other festivity. But now it is cooked at any time. You can use ham, belly pork, chicken, bacon bones, or roast chicken. Most curries use coconut milk but here we use vinegar and so can be kept in the fridge for 1 week.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- The BEST Dumplings
- Samoan Chop Sui
- Hamburger Patties
- Beef, Veg and Mushroom Pie
- Rima’s Fasoulyeh with meat
- Hainanese Chicken and Rice-cheats version(this is a one pot wonder)
- Rima's Lebanese Mushroom and mince with rice
- Rolled oats rissoles
- Korean Short Rib Tacos with Carrot & Red Onion Slaw
- SEHAM’S FOOSALIYA WITH SLOW COOKED LAMB
- Taco rissoles
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Basilico Spago
- Corn and Turmeric Chowder
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Fudge
- Pizza Bread Pull Apart
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Bindy's White Chocolate & Raspberry Mud Cake
- Peanut Butter & Choc Energy Muesli Bars
- Coconut yoghurt
- Gluten Free Brioche Loaf
- Gluten Free crispbread, crackers, flatbread, matzo
- Galaktoboureko - Greek Vanilla Slice