- 1 medium onion, halved
- 1/2 fennel, roughly chopped
- 30 grams oil
- 3 parsnips, roughly chopped
- 250 grams white wine
- 250 grams water
- 1-2 tablespoons EDC vegie stock
- 1-2 chicken breast/s, diced
- 3 sprigs parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoon cornflour, mixed in a little water
- 1 egg
- 60 grams Milk
- 250 grams plain flour
- 200 grams unsalted butter, chilled, cut into walnut-sized pieces
- 120 grams sour cream
1. Place onion, fennel, parsnip in bowl and chop 10sec/speed4
2. Add oil and saute 4min/Varoma/speed 1.
3. Add water, stock, wine, chicken and cook 15min/100°C//speed 1.5, with simmering basket instead of MC on top of mixing bowl lid
4. Add parsley and cornflour mixture and cook 3min/100°C//speed 1.5
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until at room temperature.
6. Meanwhile in a small bowl combine egg and milk together then set aside.
7. Preheat oven to 180°C. Once filling has cooled, pour 30 cm x 25 cm pie dish.
8. Roll out rested sour cream pastry to approx. 5 mm thickness, then place pastry lid on top of pie dish, cut around the edges to remove excess pastry and press firmly around the edges to seal. Brush the egg wash over the top pastry and using a sharp knife, make a small incision in the top of the pastry to allow steam to escape during baking.
The Sour cream pastry recipe can be found here //www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/sour-cream-pastry/65236
Sour Cream Pastry
Serve with a few steamed green vegies
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Variation Braised Pork Ribs Using Thermomix
- Snitzel crumb
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Number pork ribs
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma