- 1 --- large onion quartered
- 2 cloves Peeled garlic
- 1 --- Handful parsley
- 15 grams olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into bits
- 140 grams celery chopped
- 100 grams chopped bacon
- 1 --- kg steak diced, Dice into 2cm cubes
- 8 large mushrooms, cubed into chunks
- 10 grams Worstershire sauce
- 10 grams balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon TM stock concentrate
- 100 mls Red Wine
- 15 grams cornflour
- 1 bayleaf
- 200 grams frozen peas
- 4 sheets Frozen Shortcrust Pastry
I love this Pie Recipie. My wife is from Queensland and I have found that they do the best chunky steak pies over there. Its hard (IMO) to find a good pie over here in WA. I must confess this is not my original recipie...I found it online and have done some tweaking to make it what I like. My family love this too.
This pie can be made in either single serve bowls like in the the pic above....as a whole family sized pie or a traditional pie incased in pasty. Its your choice. If you wish to have the pie incased in pasty, just butter up a pie dish and blind bake shortcut pasty in a oven at 140 degrees until cooked and let cool. The recipie I am doing will just be in single serve bowls. Also if you prefer you can make the pastry from scratch in the thermo. I have done this and it tastes great...i just prefer the store bought. Easy and is quite good too.
Pre heat oven to 180dgs.
Put onion and parsley into bowl and chop 5 secs/speed 5. Scrape down sides. Add celery and carrot, chop 5 secs/speed 5, scrape down sides. Add mushrooms and bacon.
Add olive oil and cook 4 mins/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 2.
Add Cubes Steak and brown 5 mins/100dg/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed2. Leave MC off for this bit.
Add all other ingredients (leave out peas) and cook 45mins/90dgs/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed soft. Leave MC off.
After about 10 mins, take off the lid and use a wooden spoon to give the whole filling a good mix through. The soft stir is great for gently mixing and cooking, but sometimes it struggles be all mixed nicely. With about 5-7 mins left...add the peas through the hole in the lid.
Now, I like my steak chunky, but if you wish for you fillings to be more blended....hit the "Counter-clockwise operation" button and slowly increase the blade speed to get your desired texture.
Spoon filling into oven proof bowls, (at this point if you like, add greated cheese, or chilli or whatever you like to the top of the filling) and place enough shortcrust pastry over the top to cover. To have a goldern crust, add egg wash to pastry and cut small hole in centre of pastry to allow steam out while cooking.
Should take 15 mins roughly...just keep and eye on it.
Serve, careful bowls are HOT....and enjoy with a very nice Red Wine.
I hope you like....please chop and change as you like
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Kiev
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- EASY CHICKEN CURRY
- Savoury mince pie (adapted from Culinary Ginger)
- Risotto with Chicken and Baby Leaf Spinach
- GlazBro Silverside
- Chicken Parma balls
- Mexican Monday
- Carbonara Chicken FIlo Parcels
- Ray's Chicken Coconut Curry
- Moroccan Lamb pizza topping
- Sausages in Onion Gravy
- Velveting marinade for 500g chicken
- Gluten Free Black Forest Brownie Cookies
- The Best/Easiest Creamy Garlic Sauce
- Kvaefjordkaka (Norwegian) - World's Best Cake
- Too Easy Vanilla Cupcakes
- Custard (low sugar)
- Almond meal Banana Cake -Gluten free
- Bec's Table 1 hour Hot Cross Buns
- Banana Sponge Roll - Lorna Mills (1920-2022)
- Carbonara Chicken FIlo Parcels
- Perfect Chinese Noodles
- Variation Lemon Meringue Pies (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar free)