- 1kg Beef Sausages, Preservative free if you can.
- 1 onion, halved
- 30 grams olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, quartered
- 50 grams plain flour
- 300 grams water
- 1.5 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 level tablespoon Vegetable Stock.
- 15 gram sugar
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 400 gram can coconut milk
- 150 grams frozen peas & corn
- 700 grams potatoes, cut into 2-3 cm cubes
- 175 grams Milk
- 20 grams Butter
- 35 grams cheese grated
- pinch Nutmeg, (optional)
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
I prefer my sausages cooked in the pan, so I have them cooking while i do the rest then add at the end as per recipe. If you would like to cook them in the varoma previous then set aside in Thermoserver that would be fine too.
Spray frying pan and cook sausages until cooked through, turning every few minutes. When cooked slice into bite size pieces.
1. Place onion in bowl & chop 3 sec, Sp 7.
2. Scrape down sides of bowl and add oil, saute 3 mins, varoma Sp 1.
3. Add capsicum, chop 2 sec, Sp 5.
4. Weigh in flour & water, combine 10 sec, Sp 3.
5. Add curry powder, vege stock paste, sugar, pepper & coconut milk. Combine 5 sec Sp 5 to mix through.
6. Cook 12 min, 100* Sp 1.
7. Add cooked & chopped sausages, peas & corn. Mix a little with your spatula to combine. Cook 10 min 100* Sp .
8. Check veges are cooked to your liking, When cooked set aside in Thermoserver to keep warm while you do mashed potato.
Rinse & dry mixing bowl.
1. Insert butterfly
2. Add potatoes & milk, cook for 25-30 mins, 100* Sp 1.
3. Add butter, Cheese & Nutmeg- mash 20-30 seconds on SP3
Coconut curry sauce & Vegetables.
This is quite a mild curry which my whole family loves. If you would like it hotter add more curry powder in step 5.
This sauce is also delicious with chicken that has been steamed in the varoma then added in place of sausages.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.