- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 12 --- cloves
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon sichuan peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 8 cloves garlic
- 5 centimetres ginger knob
- 4-6 tablespoon honey
- 3-4 tablespoon raw sugar
- 2 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 60 grams soy sauce
- 1 kg pork neck, (cut into 5 cm wide long strips)
1. Place all ingredients from 5 spice powder list into the"Closed lid"
2. Dry roast the spices for 5 minutes, "Gentle stir setting" "No counter-clockwise operation" , on 80deg.
3. Mill 30 seconds, speed 9-10. Check and scrape down if necessary.
4. Mill for another 30 seconds, speed 9-10. If you desire a finer result, mill longer.
1. Add all items from Marinade list except Pork Neck into "Closed lid"
2. Cook for 4 minutes, 90deg, speed "Gentle stir setting" until all the sugar n honey has dissolved.
3. Pour over Pork Neck and marinade at least 2 hours. Overnight is preferred.
1. Crank up your oven to 150deg, and place pork neck in middle rack.
2. Roast for 10 minutes, then turning meat upside down, and pouring marinade over the top.
3. Roast for a further 30 minutes.
4. Rest for 10 minutes, and slicing with sharp knife. Eat while hot.
5 spice powder
Roasting Char Siu
Accessories you need
If using Maltose, warm up in Microwave for 30 seconds, before pouring into "Closed lid" .
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick & Easy Banana Date Loaf
- Banana & Date Cake (Sugar Free)
- Orange Chiffon Cake
- Malaysian Thick Satay Peanut Sauce
- Kaya (Coconut custard jam) - Thick and smooth
- 10 Minutes Authentic Clear Tom Yum Goong
- Mantau (Steamed Plain Chinese Buns)
- Steamed Mua Chee (Glutinous Rice Dollops with Peanut Sugar Crumbs)
- Tomato with Curry Leaves Soup
- Pane Al Cioccolato (Chocolate Chip Bun)
- Chinese New Year - Pineapple Jam Tarts
- Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Chicken rice paste
- Hainanese Chicken
- Chicken in Black Bean Sauce
- Honey Chicken
- Mince Chow Mein with Pumpkin
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Aunty Lizzy’s Butterscotch Tart
- Beanie's Pork and Chive Dumplings
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce