- 1 cauliflower head, florets only
- 100 g Roasted Cashews
- 100 g raw cashews
- 1 onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cm cube ginger, peeled
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 30 g Olive Oil or Butter
- 120 g shortcut bacon, approx 4 rashers, chopped
- 4 Chicken thigh fillets, skinless, cubed
- 300 g water
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 30 g soy sauce
1. Chop roasted cashews. 5 sec/SP 5; set aside.
2. Grind raw cashews. 5 sec/SP 9; set aside.
3. Add cauliflower to bowl. 5 - 10 sec SP 4; Pour into Varoma tray; set aside.
4. Add onion, garlic, ginger, carrots 3 sec/SP 5; scrape down sides of bowl.
5. Add olive oil and bacon. 100 degrees/4 min/SP 1.
6. Add Chicken. 100 degrees/4 min/SP 1.
7. Add water, mustard, dijon, honey, soy sauce, ground raw cashews. 100 degrees/20 min/ SP1. Place steamer basket on top to prevent sauce spatter.
8. Set Varoma with cauliflower rice in place. Varoma temp/ 10 min/ SP1.
9. Serve. Garnish with chopped roast cashews and parsley.
Suitable for low carb diets. For a lower fat version, reduce cashews or remove altogether. Creaminess can be obtained by replacing water with evaporated milk.
If using chicken breasts, insert the butterfly at step 6.
Reduce soy sauce if too salty.
Recipe can be extended to 6 portions with the addition of extra vegetables steamed in the varoma.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Xanthe’s Butter Chicken
- Creamy chicken, bacon, mushroom & veggie pie filling
- Lamb Rogan Josh
- Bao Buns
- Thai Chicken and Pork Balls
- Chicken & Veg Galette
- Variation Clone of Chicken Enchiladas - Lauren
- Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Sensational Sauce
- Chicken Thai Green curry
- Gma's Meatloaf
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Creamy Sweet Chilli Chicken