- 1000 grams water
- 20 grams olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 350 grams rice, Basmati or Long Grain
- 8 sausages
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 200 grams Bacon Pieces
- 20 grams Butter
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp plum jam
- 2 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 80 grams sultanas
- 150 grams frozen peas
- 150 grams pineapple pieces
- 400ml can of coconut milk
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place simmering basket into mixing bowl and weigh rice into basket. Rinse rice with water, place basket aside.
2. Add the water, olive oil and salt to mixing bowl. Place the simmering basket into the bowl.
3. Place the lid on the bowl and then the Varoma dish on top. Lay the sausages in the dish and Varoma tray. Cover with the Varoma lid and cook for 20 minutes / Varoma / speed 4.
4. Remove Varoma and set aside. Remove simmering basket with aid of the spatula. Tip the rice into your ThermoServer to keep warm. Empty water out of the bowl.
5. Place roughly chopped capsicum into the bowl and chop 5 seconds / speed 4. Set aside.
6. Add bacon and butter to the bowl. Sautee for 7 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1. Whilst bacon is cooking, peel and cut sausages into bite size pieces, then place aside with capsicum.
7. When the bacon is finished add the sausages, capsicum and remaining inredients (leaving the rice in the ThermoServer). Cook for 10 minutes / 110 degrees / reverse speed 1.
8. Empty contents of bowl into the ThermoServer with rice and stir with the spatula to combine. Alternatively you can serve the rice first and place the curry on top.
You can chop and saute onion with the bacon - I don't because I don't like onion.
You can steam or cook any other vegetables you think would go well with this
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages
- Slow cooked Curried Sausages - with hidden veggies
- Variation Kid-friendly pearl couscous bolognese for Mum and baby
- Znoud el sit
- Best Ever Date Loaf
- Mumble Slice
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Extreme Chocolate Cake
- Coconut lemon biscuits
- Rice bread
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Best & Easiest Mashed potato
- Empanada Pastry
- Vanilla Custard Cake - Modified (from Bargain Mums)
- Coffee Scroll Biscuits