- 1000 grams water
- 20 grams olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 350 grams rice, Basmati or Long Grain
- 8 sausages
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 200 grams Bacon Pieces
- 20 grams Butter
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp plum jam
- 2 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 80 grams sultanas
- 150 grams frozen peas
- 150 grams pineapple pieces
- 400ml can of coconut milk
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place simmering basket into mixing bowl and weigh rice into basket. Rinse rice with water, place basket aside.
2. Add the water, olive oil and salt to mixing bowl. Place the simmering basket into the bowl.
3. Place the lid on the bowl and then the Varoma dish on top. Lay the sausages in the dish and Varoma tray. Cover with the Varoma lid and cook for 20 minutes / Varoma / speed 4.
4. Remove Varoma and set aside. Remove simmering basket with aid of the spatula. Tip the rice into your ThermoServer to keep warm. Empty water out of the bowl.
5. Place roughly chopped capsicum into the bowl and chop 5 seconds / speed 4. Set aside.
6. Add bacon and butter to the bowl. Sautee for 7 minutes / 100 degrees / speed 1. Whilst bacon is cooking, peel and cut sausages into bite size pieces, then place aside with capsicum.
7. When the bacon is finished add the sausages, capsicum and remaining inredients (leaving the rice in the ThermoServer). Cook for 10 minutes / 110 degrees / reverse speed 1.
8. Empty contents of bowl into the ThermoServer with rice and stir with the spatula to combine. Alternatively you can serve the rice first and place the curry on top.
You can chop and saute onion with the bacon - I don't because I don't like onion.
You can steam or cook any other vegetables you think would go well with this
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Traditional Chicken Cacciatore
- Ebony’s Butter Chicken
- Turkey and Ricotta Cannelloni with vegetable sauce
- Tomato Sauce ala Mic
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- French bread
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Keto Bread Rolls
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies