- 100 g brown onions
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 cm ginger
- 40 g ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, whole
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, whole
- 1 tsp mustard seeds, whole
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1.5 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp black peppercorns, whole
- 3 tablespoons Malaysian Curry Powder, Ayam Brand
- 6-8 pieces curry leaves, dried or fresh
- 1000 g chicken drumettes, skin on
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce, or to taste
- 40 g Vegetable Stock Paste (BCB)
- 300 g water
- 400 g medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Chop onions, garlic and ginger in TM bowl Turbo/1 sec. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
2. Add ghee/coconut oil, cumin, fennel, mustard seeds, tumeric, coriander, peppercorns, curry leaves and meat curry powder then saute for 5 mins/Varoma/speed 1. This step activates the spices' flavour and aroma.
3. Add water, vegetable stock, soy sauce and chicken. Cook for 15-20 mins/Varoma/ speed 1.
4. Add potatoes then continue to cook for 5-7 mins/Varoma/ speed 1 - or until potatoes are cooked through.
This is an aromatic light chicken curry variation cooked without coconut milk/cream. Great served with rice or roti/naan.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin Zucchini Cheesy Mini Muffins
- Char Siew (BBQ Pork) Rice (TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe HACK)
- Ham and Tomato Rice (TM5 Boiled Rice Automated Recipe HACK)
- Brookie - Chocolate Chip Brownie Swirl Cookies
- Sambal Belacan Tumis (Fried Chili Shrimp Paste)
- Traditional Mooncake with Red Bean paste
- Malaysian Chicken Laksa
- Flourless Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Stir Fried Mushroom and Egg Noodles
- Nyonya Onde-Onde
- Sticky Apple Chocolate Cake
- Kuih Lapis Legit (Spekkoek)
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- cron milk
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup