- 1 onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 grams oil
- 150 grams bacon rashers, cut in thirds
- 250 grams diced pork
- 250 grams diced lamb, or use one or the other
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder, (this is spicy without blowing your head off)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, ground
- 50 grams Bbq sauce, (homemade is best but bought will do)
- 50 grams tomato sauce (ketchup), (homemade if you have it)
- 1 level tablespoons Vege Stock Concentrate, adjust to your liking
- 2 tomatoes chopped roughly
- 400 grams diced canned tomatoes
- 400 grams corn kernels, tinned, fresh or frozen
- 400 grams red kidney beans (400g), add two tins if preferred
- 220 grams Milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 40 grams olive oil
- 80 grams Greek plain yoghurt
- 1 sachet Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 550-600 grams bakers flour
8Recipe is created for
Chop onion, garlic and bacon on speed 5 for 5 seconds
Add chilli powder and paprika and saute for 2 mins Varoma Speed 1
Add pork and lamb and mince on reverse for 10 seconds on speed 6.
Use Spatula to move all mince from around the blades.
Saute on 100 degrees for 5 mins speed 1.
Add remaining Ingredients and cook on reverse 15 minutes 100 degrees.
50 gms of water may be added for a more liquid Chilli.
I USE A SANDWICH PRESS TO COOK MINE,SO IF YOU HAVE ONE PREHEAT FOR 5 MINS BEOFRE COOKING.
Combine milk, egg, oil, yoghurt and yeast in Thermo bowl and blend 3 sec/speed 7.
Warm 2 min/37ºC/speed 2.
Add flour, salt, sugar, baking powder to Thermo bowl.
Knead 3 min/Interval.
Add a little more warm milk if the dough does not come together.
Place into a large oiled bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and leave to rise for up to 2 hours or until doubled in size.
Preheat Pizza stone on Cross Fire BBQ with hood down until temp shows at least 200ºC.
Turn dough onto floured surface and knead by hand until smooth.
Divide dough equally…about 100g per portion.
Roll out to 1/2 cm thickness. Stretch by hand into a tear shape.
Place onto hot Pizza stone for approx 5-8 minutes.
You should not have to turn them over.
Serve immediately with toppings of choice.
Mid West Chilli
If making the Naan Bread to have with your Chilli, you will need to prepare at least 2 hours before your chilli, as it can take a couple of hours to rise the dough.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Variation Braised Pork Ribs Using Thermomix
- Snitzel crumb
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Number pork ribs
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Cherry, Sherbet Bellini
- Date and Ginger Slice
- All in one Meatloaf with BBQ sauce
- Bangers and Mash with Mushroom sauce
- SWEET POTATO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES..GF
- Basil, Kale Pesto, Bacon and Mushroom Pizza Plait
- Coconut and Passionfruit Self Saucing Steamed Pudding
- Pain D'epi (Wheat Stalk Bread)
- Homemade Raspberry Cordial
- UP 'N' GONE (Additive and Preservative Free)
- Plum Streusel Kuchen (Plum Cake with Crumble Topping)
- Avocado, Pecan and Date Breakfast Spread