- 1 onion, halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30g oil
- 120g crunchy peanut butter
- 200g water
- 1 tablespoon TM vegetable stock
- 90g honey
- 40g grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- a few dashes Tabasco sauce, (to taste)
- 2 pinches ground cardamon
- 500g chicken thighs, diced
Recipe is created for
1. Add onion, garlic and oil to the bowl, chop for 3 seconds, speed 7.
2. Sauté for 3 mins, 120 degrees or Varoma, speed 1.
3. Add all other ingredients, with the chicken last.
4. Cook for 12-15 minutes, 100 degrees, , speed soft. Leave the MC off if you want the sauce to reduce more.
Serve with rice and vegetables.
This sauce is very versitile, you can use beef, prawns or vegetables in place of chicken. You can cook the sauce by itself and pour over things instead of cooking veggies/beef/chicken in it. I would just cook it for about 5 minutes to reduce and mix all the flavours together.
You can also increase the quantity of chicken, ensuring you don't go over the maximum line inside your Thermomix bowl. Chicken breast also works well.
It freezes very well. And my kids love it!
This is a great mid-week meal, something to get on the table quickly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages
- Slow cooked Curried Sausages - with hidden veggies