THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 5 Cardamon pods whole
- 3 Garlic cloves peeled
- 25 g fresh ginger
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes or powder, Optional
- pinch salt
- 250 g natural yoghurt
- 5-6 Chicken thigh fillets
- 1 Onion cut in halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 Whole cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Potatoes cut in wedges or 8ths
- 2-3 Corriander stalks
- Water to cover the contents in the pan, Approx 1 cup.
3h 0minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place fennel seeds, cardamom pods, garlic cloves and ginger in the mixing bowl. Mill at speed 9/5 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add chilli flakes (optional), 250g yoghurt, salt and chicken thighs. Stir speed 2 /reverse/5 seconds.
Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
Note: The chicken will absorb the liquid from the yoghurt slightly. Best not to leave for 24 hours as the curry will turn out even more dry.
Chop the onion in the mixing bowl speed 4/3 seconds. Add oil, ground coriander, ground turmeric, cinnamon stick, cloves and bay leaf. Stir speed 2/reverse/110 degrees/4 minutes.
Meanwhile, fry the chicken on high in a oven proof pan/dish so the outside of the chicken gets browned. You may have to do this in batches as you don't want to boil the chicken. The aim is to get colour on the chicken.
Chop potatoes in 3cm squares or little wedges. Add to the pan/dish along with all other ingredients. This includes adding any left over marinade too.
Add corriander stalks, and enough water to just cover the chicken. See image. Bake in an oven for 1 hour at 180 degrees.
No need to clean your mixing bowl. Prepare the rice using the Basic Cook Book Boiled rice recipe. The spice flavours left over in the bowl will enhance the flavours of your rice. Yum!
If you're super keen, make Naan bread from EVerday cooking for Thermomix Families (or search the RC!).
Note: This curry is a dry curry and is served best with a few dollops of natural yoghurt and corriander leaves. So yum, perfect for the family and will impress the pants off anyone with your homemade naan bread too!
Alternative to rice is to use Cauliflower rice.
For added veg, simply add some carrots or sweet potato to the pan. Yum!
Marinade the chicken
Making the curry
This curry uses the Thermomix to prepare the marinade and saute the spices and onion.
The main cooking king method is to use the pan and oven.
Looks like A lot of steps, but it is actually easy and quick! Best to do the marinade the night before.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Beef fajitas
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- Jalepeno and Lime sauce
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Lucuma Ice Cream
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry