- 5 cm ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 20 grams sesame oil
- 1 generous pinch of salt
- 450 grams Jasmine rice
- 3 cm ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 25 grams Chinese shaoxing wine
- 25 grams light soy sauce
- 5 grams sesame oil
- 400 grams chicken breast, halved lengthwise
- 1500 grams water
- 10 grams Chicken stock powder or TM chicken stock
- 3 cm ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 Stalks of Spring Onion, green parts only
- 3 green chillis
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon chicken broth, from steaming
- 3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon chicken broth
1h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add ginger and garlic into and chop for 5 seconds speed 7.
2. Add sesame oil and salt into bowl and cook for 1 minute/100 degrees/speed 1.
3. Add the jasmine rice into the and mix for 1 minute/100 degrees/speed 2.5.
4. Pour rice out into simmering basket and set aside.
1. Add all ingrediants, apart from the chicken, and combine for 30 seconds/speed 7.
2. Line the tray of your varoma dish with baking paper and place chicken breasts in varoma. (This is so the marinade doesn't drip through the varoma!)
3. Pour marinade over chicken ensuring the chicken is all coated.
1. Add the water and stock powder to . Place varoma containing the chicken on top. Steam for 16 minutes/varoma/speed 3.
2. Once chicken is cooked, remove the varoma and add the simmering basket containing the rice into the with the MC in place.
3. Cook rice for 14 minutes/varoma/speed 3.
4. Once the rice is cooked, remove the simmering basket and pour stock into a separate bowl. Reserve some of the stock for your chilli dipping sauce. The remaining stock can be served alongside your chicken rice as soup.
5. Meanwhile prepare the soy sauce that pours over the top of the chicken. In a separate bowl mix together light soy, sesame oil and broth until well combined. Pour over chicken.
1. Add all ingrediants into and chop for 30 seconds/speed 10.
** If the sauce is still quite thick and paste like, thin it out with a combination of more broth and apple cider vinegar. Just keep tasting the sauce as you go. The sauce is meant to have quite a zing to it!
MARINADE FOR CHICKEN
STEAMING THE CHICKEN AND RICE
CHILLI DIPPING SAUCE
It may seem like a tedious process to but it IS easier than it seems!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation To "My Savoury Mince"
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne (using whole beef)
- Lebanese Kafta
- Red Duck Curry with Lychees
- Annabel Karmel's Chicken with Apricots by Domestic Thermominx
- Raw Cacao Balls by Domestic Thermominx
- Easy Peasy Vanilla Cupcakes by Domestic Thermominx
- Chocolate Mudcake by Domestic Thermominx
- APPLE CINNAMON OAT MUFFINS by Domestic Thermominx
- Lamb and Vege Puree by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Prawn Omelette by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Ceasar Salad Dressing by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Soufra by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Cinnamon Apple Pie with Sour Cream Pastry
- Caramelised Leek & Onion Quiche
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Cheats kousa
- Char Kuey Teow
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- Left Over Porridge Bread