- 700 g Chicken fillets, Preferably Maryland, Breast or Thigh (and skin on)
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Chinese shaoxing wine, Optional
- 1 tbsp Fried onion, ginger & garlic in oil, Pre-made (see recipe "Fried OGG Sauce"
- 380 g Jasmine rice, washed & rinse in TM basket
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1000 g Hot water or chicken stock
- 30 g ginger, cleaned and sliced
- 100 g Long Red Chilli, remove seeds to reduce "heat"
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 80 g white vinegar, 20
- 20 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 stalks Spring onions, cut very thinly
- 100 g Young ginger, cleaned and sliced
- 70 g Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 piece cucumber, cut into slices
30minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking 20min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Marinate chicken fillets with sesame oil and salt. In the Varoma dish, place a pair of fork/spoons in the dish and place chicken on top (this is to help steam circulate). Set aside.
Wash and rinse rice in TM basket and add the fried onion, ginger & garlic mix, butter and salt to the rice and mix well.
Place 1000g of hot water or chicken stock into TM bowl and then place the rice basket into TM bowl. Then place the Varoma with chicken on top to s team.
Set Varoma into position and steam rice and chicken for 20-23 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken fillets).
Once chicken is cooked, run it through cold water and leave it in a cold bath for about 30 mins.
- Place all ingredients into TM bowl and mixed 30 secs on SP8. Ready to serve.
- Chop ginger for 5 seconds on SP7. . Add 70g of oil and cook for 2 minutes on 100C and SP1. Add to thinly sliced onions.
- Serve chicken rice with chilli sauce, green sauce and sliced cucumber or steam green vegetables.
Cook Rice & Steam Chicken (at the same time)
Green Ginger & Shallots Sauce
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mexican Tortilla Stack
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Pearl Barley with Spinach & Pork Mince
- Bulk Bolognese with hidden vegies!
- Chicken and Leek Pie
- Chicken tikka masala
- My Nacho Feast!
- Chicken & Mushroom Pie filling
- Mustard & Apple Chicken Bake
- Chicken,basil & almond jaffle
- Chinese Style Beef and Broccoli
- Apricot Chicken
- Curry Puffs
- Fried OGG Mix (Onion Ginger Garlic)
- Tom Yum Fried Noodles (Rice Vermicelli)
- Moon cake Mixed Nuts
- Korean Bibimbap Sauce
- Korean Bibimbap (Mixed Rice with Meat and Assorted Vegetables)
- Easy Fried Noodles (Hokkien Mee- KL Hawker Style)
- Basic Yeast Dough for Chinese Buns
- Fried Noodles (Hokkien Mee- KL Hawker Style)
- Date Slice
- Lettuce with Mixed Vegetables
- Carrot & Walnut Cake