- 300 g butternut pumpkin, cut into 3cm cubes
- 3 --- carrots, peeled, ribboned
- 1 --- Zuchini, ribboned (tagliatale strips)
- 4 --- Brocoli florettes, 1 large each
- 500 g chicken breast, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2-3 sprigs basil, fresh, leaves only
- 4 sprigs Parsley, flat leaf, leaves only
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 --- parsnip, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks Celery, roughly chopped
- 1/2 --- Capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 --- brown onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 --- Chillies, (optional)
- 25 g Rice Bran Oil
- 50 g Veg Stock Paste, from EDC or BCB recipe
- 70 g tomato paste
- 75 g dry white wine
- 400 g Tinned tomatoes
- 150 g water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Ribbon carrots and zuchini, cut brocolli and set aside together.
2. Cut pumpkin and palce in Varoma bowl.
3. Cut chicken and place on Varoma tray, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
4. Place basil, parsley and spring onion in the TM bowl, chop 3sec/Sp 7, scrape down sides. Add parsnip, celery and capsicum. Chop 4sec/Sp 4.5, set aside.
5. Place onion, garlic and chillies (if using) in TM bowl, chop 3sec/Sp 7, scrape down sides. Add oil, saute 3min/100*/Sp 1.
6. Add chopped parsnip, celery, capsicum and herbs, stock paste, tomato paste, wine, tinned tomatoes and water. Place Varoma dish (with pumpkin cubes in) and Varoma tray on top (with chicken pieces) in position on TM bowl. Cook 14min/Varoma//Sp 1. Add brocoli to Varoma bowl, cook 3min/Varoma//Sp 1.
7. Place chicken and pumpkin in the tomato/veg sauce in TM bowl. Place carrot and zuchini in Varoma bowl with brocoli. Position Varoma bowl in place on top of TM bowl. (Varoma tray is not needed now). Cook 10min/Varoma//Sp 1.
8. Check if vegetables are cooked, if not, steam a further 2-3min/Varoma//Sp1.
Chicken Breast Cacciatore and steamed veg
This is an easy way for a flavoursome chicken and veg dinner that's healthy, with skinless chicken breast, but not dried out or with the chicken breaking up.
Frozen veggies can also be added to the sauce at step 7, peas, beans and corn. Sliced olives can also go in the sauce.
It's also delicious on a bed of mashed potato, make it first and keep warm in a Thermo Server bowl
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Snowy’s Pork Ribs
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Lamb Ragu
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Oatmeal recipe
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Hunters Very Lemony Lemon Butter
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Hunters Beef and Vegetable Lasagne
- Hunters Coffee Banana Slushy/Smoothie (non dairy)
- Hunters Warm Chicken and Cous Cous salad with Basil Pesto Dressing
- Hunters version of Non Fried, Fried Rice
- Hunters version of Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Cashew sauce and Coconut rice(by Quirky Cooking)
- Hunters version of Asian whole steamed chicken, Chicken rice, veggies and Ginger chilli sauce
- Hunters Curry Chicken and Veg Pie
- Hunters version of Nigella's Master Chef Lemon Pavlova
- 19 Spritzer
- Rima’s Lebanese Rice
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Expresso Martini with Dalgona Coffee whip
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Buckwheat, Flaxseed & Psyllium Bread GF
- CORN CHOWDER
- Not So Fried Rice
- Dalgona Decaf Coffee Whip Low Sugar
- Aish al saraya
- Awwama (Lebanese sweet dumplings)