- 6 sprigs flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 g rice bran oil or olive oil
- 400 g Tin Apricot Halves, mostly drained
- 50 g white wine
- 50 g Veg Stock Paste (EDC)
- 400 g Apricot Nectar (tinned)
- 2 tbsp curry powder, more or less to taste
- dash paprika
- dash Cumin Powder
- dash pepper
- tbsp soy sauce
- 1 carrot, cut Julienne 1 inch long
- 2 potatoes, medium, cubed
- 100 g Frozen beans, more or less as desired
- 600 g chicken breast, sliced in strips, 3-4cm thick x 4-5cm long
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water, Mixed with cornflour to make a paste
- water, Extra, only if needed(see cooking method)
- 400 g Jasmine Rice or Basmati rice
- 900 g water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Chop parsley 4sec/speed 8, set aside.
2. Place onion & garlic in bowl, chop 3sec/speed7
3. Add oil & saute 3min/100*/speed 1
4. Add Apricot halves, wine, veg stock paste, Apricot nectar, curry powder, paprika, cumin, pepper, soy sauce, potatoes, carrots and parsley, cook 7min/100*//speed 1
5. Add Chicken and beans (liquid level should be at "MAX" level inside TM bowl, if not, add a little extra water to reach "MAX" level) and cook 12min/100*//speed 1. (If you find it's bubbling up too much, reduce temp to 95*)
6. Add cornflour/water mixture and cook further 5min/100*//speed 1
Place Apricot Chicken in pre warmed Thermo Server
1. Rinse the TM bowl (just a quick rinse, no need for full wash), add 900g water. Place basket on top, reset scale and weigh 400g rice. Rinse basket of rice under tap thoroughly then place basket in TM bowl, cook 20min/100*/speed 4.
2. Remove with hook on spatula and fluff with a fork before serving
If possible, use Apricot halves in natural juice, drained.
If not possible and they are in syrup, drain, add water from tap then drain again to wash of the sugary syrup.
I've also made this dish adding chillies in step 2, and chopped zucchini at step 5 with the chicken & parsley, then check liquid level.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Hunters Very Lemony Lemon Butter
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Hunters Chicken Breast Cacciatore and steamed veg
- Hunters Beef and Vegetable Lasagne
- Hunters Coffee Banana Slushy/Smoothie (non dairy)
- Hunters Warm Chicken and Cous Cous salad with Basil Pesto Dressing
- Hunters version of Non Fried, Fried Rice
- Hunters version of Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Cashew sauce and Coconut rice(by Quirky Cooking)
- Hunters version of Asian whole steamed chicken, Chicken rice, veggies and Ginger chilli sauce
- Hunters Curry Chicken and Veg Pie
- Hot Cross Buns
- TM6 Vanilla Slice - Pie Maker Version
- Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani