- 2-3 sprigs Parsley, flat leaf, leaves only
- 1-2 sprigs basil,fresh, leaves only
- 1 sprig Rosemary,fresh, leaves only
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stick Celery,long (or 2 short), roughly chopped
- 1 Parsnip, medium, roughly chopped
- 2 Carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 cm Slice of Butternut Pumpkin, cubed
- 60 g Rice Bran Oil
- 100 g frozen peas
- 100 g Frozen Corn
- 400 g chicken breast, cubed
- 40 g Vegetable stock paste, from BCB
- 80 g sour cream
- 2-3 tsp Curry powder (Keens),to taste
- 100 g water
- 3 tbsp Cornflour, mixed into the water
- 3 sheets Ready made puff pastry, thawed
1. Place parsley, basil and rosemary in TM bowl, chop 20-30sec/Sp 8. Set aside.
2. Place onion, garlic, parsnip, celery and carrots in TM bowl, chop 4sec/Sp 5. Scrape down sides. Add oil and saute 4min/100*//Sp 1.5
3. Add pumpkin, reserved herbs, peas, corn, chicken, stock paste, sour cream, curry powder and cornflour mixed into the water. Cook 10min/Varoma//Sp 1.5 . Help stir in ingredients with spatula.
4. Check that all ingredents are stirred in properly and cook a further 10min/100*//Sp 1.5.
5. While chicken mixture is cooking, pre heat oven to 200*C. Place pastry into pie dish, joining pieces for the base, leave one whole piece for the lid.
6. When chicken mixture is cooked, check that it is thick enough. If it's too runny, mix 2 teaspoons of cornflour with a small ammount of water, stir through the mixture and let sit for a few minutes to thicken, it will thicken more while pie is in oven.
7. Pour chicken and veg mixture into pastry lined pie dish, brush edges with a little milk, place pastry sheet on top and press edges with a fork, prick the top of the pastry with a fork in a pattern to allow steam to escape. Brush top of pastry with a little milk. Cook at 200*C for 20-30 min, until nicely browned on top and pastry is cooked.
Curry Chicken and Veg Pie
I'd like to thank "makeitperfect" for the inspiration for this recipe.
I've changed it so that the veggies don't get cut up while cooking, plus added more veg, curry and you can also add 1-2 chillies with the garlic to make it hotter.
You can substitute the sour cream with coconut cream for a dairy free option.
You can also make your own pastry from the BCB or Everyday Cook book.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Hunters Very Lemony Lemon Butter
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Hunters Chicken Breast Cacciatore and steamed veg
- Hunters Beef and Vegetable Lasagne
- Hunters Coffee Banana Slushy/Smoothie (non dairy)
- Hunters Warm Chicken and Cous Cous salad with Basil Pesto Dressing
- Hunters version of Non Fried, Fried Rice
- Hunters version of Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Cashew sauce and Coconut rice(by Quirky Cooking)
- Hunters version of Asian whole steamed chicken, Chicken rice, veggies and Ginger chilli sauce
- Hunters version of Nigella's Master Chef Lemon Pavlova
- Pumpkin Pie
- Blood Orange Marmalade
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Banoffee Porridge
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Bacon & Pesto Pasta Sauce
- Creamy Leche Flan