- 1 small leg of lamb bone still in, to serve about 4 people (needs to fit into the Varoma)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4cm fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons salt, or TMX veggie stock paste
- 1 teaspoon gound tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 200 grams Greek yoghurt, or Thermomix made yoghurt
- 40 grams lemon juice
- 40 grams macadamia nuts
1. Remove skin and excess fat from lamb, cut crisscross pattern all over it down to the bone. Put baking paper in base of Varoma and place lamb on top.2. Use Thermomix to make a paste out of garlic and ginger. Scrape out to small bowl and mix with salt, cumin, pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, chilli, cloves and lemon. Spread in slits in lamb.3. Place yoghurt in the Thermomix bowl with macadamia nuts and saffron. Blitz on Speed 7 for about 3 sec. Scrape out and spread on top of lamb and refrigerate overnight.4. Next day place 1 litre of water in the Thermomix bowl , cover lamb with baking paper (Tuck top layer of paper underneath the lamb) put Varoma in place. Steam Varoma temperature for 2 hours, speed 2. Check water level every 45 minutes and top up. Don’t let it get above 1 litre. There may be a lot of liquid that you need to discard.5. Remove lamb to Thermoserver to keep warm and cook the rice. Serve with rice and cucumber raita.
Also delcious to served the lamb in our roti wraps!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation To "My Savoury Mince"
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne (using whole beef)
- Lebanese Kafta
- Indulgent Cream Cheese Brownies
- Charlie's Vanilla Bean Paste
- Charlie's Spicy Prawn & Pumpkin Soup
- Vanilla Bean Custard- Arwen's version
- Mayonnaise Free Coleslaw - Arwen's version
- Arwen's Heavenly Hummus
- Arwen's Fresh Fruit Sorbet
- Pizza Bianca with Rosemary & Garlic
- Rosey & Arwen's Spanish Surprise Breakfast Muffins
- Buckwheat Dinner Rolls - Arwen's tweaked version
- Charlie's Creme Caramel
- Erica & Arwen's Apricot & Hazelnut Hot Cross Buns
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Cheats kousa
- Char Kuey Teow
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins