- 1 small leg of lamb bone still in, to serve about 4 people (needs to fit into the Varoma)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4cm fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons salt, or TMX veggie stock paste
- 1 teaspoon gound tumeric
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 200 grams Greek yoghurt, or Thermomix made yoghurt
- 40 grams lemon juice
- 40 grams macadamia nuts
1. Remove skin and excess fat from lamb, cut crisscross pattern all over it down to the bone. Put baking paper in base of Varoma and place lamb on top.2. Use Thermomix to make a paste out of garlic and ginger. Scrape out to small bowl and mix with salt, cumin, pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, chilli, cloves and lemon. Spread in slits in lamb.3. Place yoghurt in the Thermomix bowl with macadamia nuts and saffron. Blitz on Speed 7 for about 3 sec. Scrape out and spread on top of lamb and refrigerate overnight.4. Next day place 1 litre of water in the Thermomix bowl , cover lamb with baking paper (Tuck top layer of paper underneath the lamb) put Varoma in place. Steam Varoma temperature for 2 hours, speed 2. Check water level every 45 minutes and top up. Don’t let it get above 1 litre. There may be a lot of liquid that you need to discard.5. Remove lamb to Thermoserver to keep warm and cook the rice. Serve with rice and cucumber raita.
Also delcious to served the lamb in our roti wraps!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages
- Indulgent Cream Cheese Brownies
- Charlie's Vanilla Bean Paste
- Charlie's Spicy Prawn & Pumpkin Soup
- Vanilla Bean Custard- Arwen's version
- Mayonnaise Free Coleslaw - Arwen's version
- Arwen's Heavenly Hummus
- Arwen's Fresh Fruit Sorbet
- Pizza Bianca with Rosemary & Garlic
- Rosey & Arwen's Spanish Surprise Breakfast Muffins
- Buckwheat Dinner Rolls - Arwen's tweaked version
- Charlie's Creme Caramel
- Erica & Arwen's Apricot & Hazelnut Hot Cross Buns