- 1 onion, halved
- 2 heaped tablespoons Curry paste, Pref Balti
- 500-600 grams Lamb, Cubed
- 2 tablespoons Lamb or Chicken Stock Paste
- 200 grams baby spinach, fresh
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1000 grams water, room temperature
- 5 grams olive oil
- 500 grams basmati rice
- almonds, chopped or Slices
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add onion to the bowl chop for 3 Sec on Speed 7.
2. Scraped down and add your curry paste and olive oil, Cook 120C for 3 Mins .
3. Add the cubed lamb to the bowl and cook 100C for 4 Mins .
4. Reserve the Lamb mixture in a seprate bowl.
5. Add Stock paste to the bowl.
6. Without washing the bowl preceed to make the Automated Rice recipe, following the instructions for the FIRST section but do not add the salt (See Tips).
7.After the First section (heating the water) Add the rice and then add your Lamb mixture to your bowl and contiune with the Automated Rice. Place your simmering basket on top to prevent splashes.
8.Pour over baby spinach in a thermoserver to rest for 3-5 minutes then stir and serve. Garnish with almonds.
Prior to cooking the Automated Rice
The salt needed for this recipe can differ depending on what stock and curry paste you use, its best to add at the end to avoid it being too salty.
I use whatever curry paste I have to hand, shop brought or homemade.
You can easily half this recipe ensuring you half all ingredients, there is no need to adjust cooking times.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Mum T's meatloaf
- Spicy beef
- Meatloaf with Barbecue Sauce
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Spaghetti Alfredo
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE