- 20 g fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 50 g Grapeseed Oil
- 800 g Boneless Lamb, Diced
- 10 pods Whole Cardamom
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 whole cloves
- 10 Whole Peppercorns
- 2.5 cm cinnamon stick
- 4 Medium onions, Peeled & Quartered
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.5 tbsp salt
- 6 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 0.25 tsp garam masala
- fresh ground pepper, To Taste
- 50 g Milk
- 400 g pumpkin, Diced
- 1 red capsicum, Diced
Add Ginger, Garlic, Onion & 50g Water. Blend Speed 7 for 5 sec then scrape sides down.
Add Oil and all herbs/spices except Garam Masala & Bay Leaves. Saute 100c / Speed 1 / 8 Min.
Blitz for 20 sec on Speed 9.
Add Meat, Yoghurt, Milk, Pumpkin, Capsicum, Garam Masala, pepper & Bay Leaves and cook 100c / "Counter-clockwise operation" / "Gentle stir setting" / 60 Min. Use the spatula to aid with mixing if needed. At 30 mins replace MC with Basket to help thicken.
Accessories you need
*I originally converted this recipe from //www.food.com/recipe/rogan-josh-211487
*I have refined the recipe over time and changed it a little to make it thicker and more flavoursome.
*This is a very mild version as my girls are complete sooks when it comes to spices. If you would like to spice it up add some chilli, extra cayenne pepper, capsicum or what ever you would like to use in Step 3
* You could also add some diced potato instead of or as well as the pumpkin.
* You can replace lamb with chicken
* You can replace lamb with beef and cook an extra 30 minutes and add an extra 50g Milk.
* Don't add too much extra as this meal fills the TM Bowl.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Lemongrass beef skewers with satay sauce
- Slow Cooked Pulled Mexican Beef
- Barney Banana Ice Cream
- Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Beef Ragu
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Caramilk Truffles