- 20 g fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 50 g Grapeseed Oil
- 800 g Boneless Lamb, Diced
- 10 pods Whole Cardamom
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 whole cloves
- 10 Whole Peppercorns
- 2.5 cm cinnamon stick
- 4 Medium onions, Peeled & Quartered
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.5 tbsp salt
- 6 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 0.25 tsp garam masala
- fresh ground pepper, To Taste
- 50 g Milk
- 400 g pumpkin, Diced
- 1 red capsicum, Diced
Add Ginger, Garlic, Onion & 50g Water. Blend Speed 7 for 5 sec then scrape sides down.
Add Oil and all herbs/spices except Garam Masala & Bay Leaves. Saute 100c / Speed 1 / 8 Min.
Blitz for 20 sec on Speed 9.
Add Meat, Yoghurt, Milk, Pumpkin, Capsicum, Garam Masala, pepper & Bay Leaves and cook 100c / / / 60 Min. Use the spatula to aid with mixing if needed. At 30 mins replace MC with Basket to help thicken.
*I originally converted this recipe from //www.food.com/recipe/rogan-josh-211487
*I have refined the recipe over time and changed it a little to make it thicker and more flavoursome.
*This is a very mild version as my girls are complete sooks when it comes to spices. If you would like to spice it up add some chilli, extra cayenne pepper, capsicum or what ever you would like to use in Step 3
* You could also add some diced potato instead of or as well as the pumpkin.
* You can replace lamb with chicken
* You can replace lamb with beef and cook an extra 30 minutes and add an extra 50g Milk.
* Don't add too much extra as this meal fills the TM Bowl.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Variation Braised Pork Ribs Using Thermomix
- Snitzel crumb
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Number pork ribs
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma