- 20 g fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 50 g Grapeseed Oil
- 800 g Boneless Lamb, Diced
- 10 pods Whole Cardamom
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 whole cloves
- 10 Whole Peppercorns
- 2.5 cm cinnamon stick
- 4 Medium onions, Peeled & Quartered
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.5 tbsp salt
- 6 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 0.25 tsp garam masala
- fresh ground pepper, To Taste
- 50 g Milk
- 400 g pumpkin, Diced
- 1 red capsicum, Diced
Add Ginger, Garlic, Onion & 50g Water. Blend Speed 7 for 5 sec then scrape sides down.
Add Oil and all herbs/spices except Garam Masala & Bay Leaves. Saute 100c / Speed 1 / 8 Min.
Blitz for 20 sec on Speed 9.
Add Meat, Yoghurt, Milk, Pumpkin, Capsicum, Garam Masala, pepper & Bay Leaves and cook 100c / "Counter-clockwise operation" / "Gentle stir setting" / 60 Min. Use the spatula to aid with mixing if needed. At 30 mins replace MC with Basket to help thicken.
Accessories you need
*I originally converted this recipe from //www.food.com/recipe/rogan-josh-211487
*I have refined the recipe over time and changed it a little to make it thicker and more flavoursome.
*This is a very mild version as my girls are complete sooks when it comes to spices. If you would like to spice it up add some chilli, extra cayenne pepper, capsicum or what ever you would like to use in Step 3
* You could also add some diced potato instead of or as well as the pumpkin.
* You can replace lamb with chicken
* You can replace lamb with beef and cook an extra 30 minutes and add an extra 50g Milk.
* Don't add too much extra as this meal fills the TM Bowl.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken
- Jess's Spag Bol
- Chicken Donor kebab marinade
- Karaage Chicken
- 40 kids Spaghetti Bol sauce
- Nana's Chicken and Spaghetti
- Hidden Veg Rissoles
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Mersey Valley Baked Chicken
- Nutella Ice Cream (no eggs)
- Terri's Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Gluten Free Banana Doughnuts
- nutella custard
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- Apple Crumble Pie