- 500 g Caulifower, cut into 5 cm pieces
- 600 g water
- 100 g Butter
- 600 g sirloin or porterhouse steak
- 200 g broccoli
- 200 g green beans
- 60 g white wine vinegar
- 120 g olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonaisse, homemade is best
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, the juice from 1 lemon is fine
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable stock paste, other alternative is fine
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Add all marinade ingredients to a bowl and whisk together. Add steak, ensuring all the steak is covered in the marinade. Use an alternative marinade if you wish. It is best to marinade the steak for a few hours
1. Place water into thermomix bowl
2. Insert simmering basket and weigh in cauliflower. There should be just enough room for 500 g
3. Cook 15 min/Varoma/speed 1, MC in place
4. Remove steak from marinade and place into Varoma tray
5. Add Varoma dish and Varoma tray to Thermomix and cook 10 min/Varoma/speed 1 (cauliflower is still cooking)
6. Carefully remove Varoma tray. Check the meat at this point. If you like it on the rare side, now is the time to set it aside to rest. Add broccoli and snow peas to Varoma dish. Replace Varoma tray if you want to cook the steak for longer and cook 5 min/Varoma/speed 1
7. Carefully remove Varoma and place to the side
8. Carefully remove simmering basket with the aid of the spatula, empty left over water and return cooked cauliflower to thermomix bowl
9. Add butter, optional salt and pepper and starting at speed 5, slowly increase to speed 10 over 1 minute to puree, MC in place. Scrape down lid and if needed (sometimes a piece of caulflower gets stuck to the lid and needs blitzing again), puree 10 sec/speed 10, MC in place
10. Reserve some of the cauliflower puree and add some of the left over marinade to the thermomix bowl. Cook 5 min/100 degrees/speed 1.
11. Mix sauce 30 sec/speed 5. Add to a gravy boat or similar and server on the side. Enjoy!
Meat and three veg
There is plenty of room for more vegetables in the varoma dish. Go crazy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Italian focaccia - Paleo, LCHF, Grain free, Sugar free, Nut free and Gluten free
- LCHF, Paleo Chilli Cauliflower Rice
- Better than Nonna's Bolognese
- LCHF, Paleo, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Nut Free buns
- LCHF Salmon Rissoles, Gluten Free
- LCHF Chocolate Nutty Crunch, Dairy Free with Paleo option
- Paleo, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free Banana Ice Cream
- LCHF Cauliflower Mash
- Paleo Chocolate Ice Cream (Dairy free, Sugar free, Nut free)
- LCHF Creamy Cauliflower Rice
- Dairy free, Almond milk chocolate panna cotta (using home made almond milk)
- LCHF Roasted Cabbage Soup
- Banoffee Porridge
- Blue Cheese & Sesame Biscuits
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Bacon & Pesto Pasta Sauce